Suppression, Detection and Signaling Research and Applications Symposium
March 1-4, 2016
Doubletree San Antonio Downtown, San Antonio, TX
The Fire Suppression, Detection and Signaling Research and Applications Conference, SupDet 2016, is scheduled for March 1 - 4, 2016 in San Antonio, Texas, and will address the latest developments in research, technology, and applications for the fire protection community.
Papers are sought on new developments with a focus on the following topics. Case studies are always welcome.
Detection and Signaling
- Advancements in Detection and Signaling Technology
- Integrated Systems and “Smart Buildings”
- Developments in Emergency Notification
- Home Smoke Alarm Applications
- Improving Effectiveness of Systems
- Advancements in Protection of High Hazard Commodities
- Developments to Address Environmental Factors
- Special Suppression Applications/Case Studies
- Advancements with Gaseous and Clean Agents
- Wildfire Applications
Interested presenters are asked to submit a one page abstract by e-mail no later than September 18, 2015
to Eric Peterson
. Submitted abstracts must include the full title, and name(s), affiliation(s), address(es), telephone number(s), and e-mail address(es) of the author(s), with the presenter identified (underlined). Format your abstract for 8 ½" x 11" paper, single-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman (or equivalent) text with 1" text margins, using Microsoft Word 2000 or later.
Abstracts should be absent of commercial overtones, be based on good science, present objective and credible results, and be without inherent bias. Abstracts that do not meet these criteria will not be accepted.
Abstracts will be reviewed by a program committee. If selected, presenters will be asked to submit an extended abstract, at most 3 pages, for publication in the meeting program or, at the author’s option, a full paper.