Thank you for you for interest in open positions at NFPA. We invite you to visit with our Vice President of Culture and Talent at the Conference and find out more about a few of our technical positions and any other open positions. Julie Lynch will be available at the Conference at the following times:
- Tuesday: 11:00 am – 12:00 pm in the Discovery District at the NFPA Sandbox booth
- Wednesday: 10:30 am – 12:00 pm in the Discovery District at the NFPA Sandbox booth
Fire Alarm Specialist
We have an ideal opportunity for a Fire Alarm Specialist who will independently manage technical projects of a complex nature related to area of expertise including technical committee, product development, and association activities.
The primary responsibility of this position is to perform the following listed activities on NFPA 72 National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code:
- Technical Committee
- Product Development Technical Services.
- Cross functional activities
- Special Projects – Manages special projects as assigned within area of technical expertise.
- External Liaison
- Budgetary Criteria
- 7 to 10 years of experience in fire alarm industry.
- Proven project management experience and excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and writing skills are important.
The Technical Lead - Electrical
The Technical Lead serves as the definitive source of knowledge and expertise for the Electrical area, functions as the internal and external organizational ambassador for that area and applies that expertise to support NFPA’s standards development organization, stakeholder-centric product development process and the organization’s overall vision and strategic direction.
- Maintains strong connection with the stakeholder community
- Oversees all content development and quality
- Provides technical services
- Directly delivers content (e.g. training, webinars) within the field of expertise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or relevant educational curriculum equivalent.
- 10 – 15 years of direct related experience.
- Recognized for related achievements and technical expertise.
- Strong connection to relevant stakeholder community to ensure alignment between NFPA offerings and stakeholder needs.