At NFPA we take pride in the quality of the products and services we offer. If you are not completely satisfied with your order, just let us know. You may be eligible for a replacement or refund in accordance with our Refund Policy.
Print products and other products that are delivered in a tangible format (such as books, DVDs, brochures etc. (but see separate return policy for NFCSS print subscription)), may be returned within 30 days of purchase for a refund of the purchase price (less any shipping and handling fees) as long as the products are in re-sellable condition and are returned with all parts. DVDs or other media items must be unopened and still in their plastic wrap.
NFCSS print subscription
New NFCSS print subscriptions may be returned within 30 days for a full refund. NFCSS Print Renewals are returnable for a pro-rated refund based on the renewal subscription period.
NFPA Training includes Classroom Training (professional development weeks and standalone programs other than contracted training programs) and Online Learning (self-guided).
To receive a full refund for classroom training, we must receive written notification of your desire to cancel your registration via fax, mail or email at least 7 business days prior to the start of the program. If notification is received in less than 7 business days prior to the start of the program, you may transfer to a program of equal or lesser value or transfer your registration to another person, however no refund will be made. If no notice is received, your registration fee will be forfeited.
Online Learning is non-refundable.
Canceling your NFPA examination (with no plan to reschedule your testing date): If you must cancel your exam and you have no plan to reschedule that exam for another date, you may be eligible for a partial refund of your application fee. In this situation, you must contact the NFPA certification administrative office (in writing, see address below) at least seven (7) business days (U.S. New York time) prior to your previously scheduled examination date. All refund requests must be made in writing and you will be assessed a $50.00 USD non-refundable administrative fee. You will forfeit your entire application fee if you fail to contact the NFPA certification administrative office at least seven (7) business days (U.S. New York time) prior to your previously scheduled examination date.
Send cancellation requests (in writing) to:
NFPA Certification Team
1 Batterymarch Park
Quincy, MA 02169-7471
Non-returnable, non-refundable items
Products delivered electronically (such as eBooks, Online Learning, downloadable PDFs, web applications, and streaming video products) may not be returned and are non-refundable.
If at any time during the first year of membership you decide it’s not for you, you may cancel and we’ll refund your membership dues in full. After your first year of membership, if you cancel, we’ll refund a pro-rated amount of your dues based on the remaining membership period.
National Fire Codes® Subscription Service online
You may cancel your National Fire Codes® Subscription Service online within 30 days of placing your order for a full refund. After 30 days, if you cancel your subscription, we’ll refund a pro-rated amount based on the remaining subscription period.
- No written permission to return books is required.
- Returns must be received within 60 days of the date of invoice.
- All returns must be sent on a prepaid basis. Shipments sent to NFPA on a collect basis will be refused.
- All credits issued will automatically be applied against your account unless otherwise requested.
- Credit will only be issued for the cost of items purchased; no refunds will be made for shipping or handling.
- Items must be the current edition and must be returned in perfect condition to permit resale. NFPA will be the final judge regarding the condition of return items and reserves the right to refuse returns based on damaged condition. Damaged items will be returned to the bookseller.
- Any item furnished in its own individual mailing container must be returned in its unopened mailing container. For this reason, items should not be removed from mailing containers while in a bookseller’s inventory.
Any refund you are eligible for under NFPA’s Refund Policy will be made (at NFPA’s option) either as a credit to your account or by using the same payment method used for the purchase being refunded (i.e. if you paid by credit card and are receiving a refund, it will be made to the same credit card).