July 11, 2011
– The 2011 July/August issue of NFPA Journal
®, the official magazine of the National Fire Protection Association
(NFPA), details three fire protection schemes to extinguish warehouse fires in the cover story, Warehouse Challenge
The cover story addresses how manual firefighting hazards in warehouses have increased over the past 60 years. Fires in warehouses are harder to control now because today’s warehouses are larger and filled with a greater variety of hazardous materials. The article gives readers an in-depth look at possible solutions to the problem such as early-suppression, fast-response (ESFR); high-expansion foam; and water mist.
Also in this issue:
- 2010 figures for firefighter fatalities in the U.S.
- A new task group considers operational guidelines to improve life safety in large assembly spaces.
- How the NFPA is addressing the problem of unwanted alarms.
- Select incidents taken from the 2010 Firefighter Fatalities Report.
About the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
NFPA is a worldwide leader in fire, electrical, building, and life safety. The mission of the international nonprofit organization founded in 1896 is to reduce the worldwide burden of fire and other hazards on the quality of life by providing and advocating consensus codes and standards, research, training, and education.
Subscribe to NFPA RSS News feeds
Contact: Lorraine Carli, Public Affairs Office: +1 617 984-7275