NFPA® First Responder Appreciation Night Ticket Giveaway Sweepstakes
By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants accept and agree to be bound by the following Official Rules:
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THE ODDS OF WINNING A SWEEPSTAKES PRIZE DEPENDS ON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED.
2. SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR. The NFPA® First Responder Appreciation Night Ticket Giveaway Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored and administered by the National Fire Protection Association (“NFPA” or the “Sponsor”), One Batterymarch Park, Quincy, MA 02169-7471.
3. ELIGIBILITY. Eligibility for the Sweepstakes is open to natural persons who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are twenty-one (21) years of age and older, and who are active first responders (police, fire, EMS). Employees, directors and officers of the Sponsor (including its affiliates and advertising agencies and Sweepstakes administrators, including Facebook®, and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses) and household members are not eligible to enter. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited.
4. THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. The Sweepstakes begins on February 6, 2017 and the winner will be announced on or about February 20, 2017. The period for entering the Sweepstakes begins at 10:00am Eastern Time (“ET”) on February 6, 2017 and ends at 11:59pm ET on February 19, 2017 (the "Sweepstakes Entry Period").
5. HOW TO ENTER. To enter the Sweepstakes, Participants must be eligible, must comply with these Official Rules, and must submit an Entry during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. To Enter, Participants must comment on the Sweepstakes Announcement Facebook post, found on the NFPA Facebook page (www.facebook.com/thenfpa) with “Send me to the First Responder Night Game!” Once an Entry is submitted, it cannot be modified, changed or altered in any way for any reason. Participants may submit only a single Entry.
6. WINNER SELECTION. Ten (10) winners will be randomly drawn from among all eligible entries. A winner announcement Facebook post will be published to the NFPA Facebook page on February 20, 2017, including the names of all randomly selected winners. Winners will be responsible for contacting the Sponsor by email at firstname.lastname@example.org within five (5) calendar days of seeing their name on the winners list and providing verification of eligibility and their contact information. All decisions of the Sponsor, its Sweepstakes administrators and the judges are final.
7. PRIZE. Grand Prize: Ten (10) Participants will receive the grand prize; two (2) balcony level tickets to the Boston Bruins® First Responder Night hockey game (Estimated retail value $100) on February 28, 2017 at 7:00pm EST at TD Garden®, Boston, MA. Tickets will be distributed to winners at the Boston Bruins® will call window located at the TD Garden® prior to the start of the game, on the day of the game upon presenting valid photo identification. Prizes are awarded “as is.” No substitutions are allowed. Prizes will be awarded, provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received. Prizes may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, elect to terminate, postpone or cancel the Sweepstakes at any time.
The tickets awarded as a prize under this Sweepstakes are given away by and on behalf of the Sponsor, NFPA. Facebook®, TD Garden® and the Boston Bruins® are neither a sponsor of nor affiliated with this Sweepstakes and have neither endorsed nor approved of this Sweepstakes. Boston Bruins® and all related logos are trademarks of Boston Professional Hockey Association, Inc. TD Garden® and all related logos are trademarks of Toronto-Dominion Bank. Facebook® and all related logos are trademarks of Facebook, Inc.
8. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS. Winning Participants are subject to verification of identity and eligibility prior to the award of any prize. Winning Participants will be notified through a Facebook post on the NFPA Facebook page. Within five (5) days of the date that notification is sent, the winning Participants must email the Sponsor at email@example.com, and provide a response indicating each Participant’s acceptance of the prize and providing the Sponsor with confirmation of the winning Participants’ identity and eligibility and agreement with the terms and conditions contained in these Official Rules. FAILURE TO PROMPTLY CONFIRM OR TO COMPLY WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL RESULT IN PARTICIPANT’S DISQUALIFICATION. Participants who do not provide a timely and complete response will be disqualified and will forfeit any prize. In addition, any prize will be forfeited if any winning Participant is found to be ineligible, not in compliance with these Official Rules, or declines to accept the prize. All other expenses and costs related to the participation in the Sweepstakes, or any prize that’s awarded are the Participant’s sole responsibility.
9. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. By entering the Sweepstakes, Participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to accept and abide by all decisions of the Sponsor and any judge(s) with regard to the interpretation and implementation of the Official Rules, and the Sweepstakes. By entering the Sweepstakes and by accepting status as Participant or any prize, each Participant consents to the use of his/her names, city and state of residence, voice, image, photograph or other likeness, without further compensation, notification or permission in any publicity or advertising carried out by Sponsor or any related entities in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed without territorial or time limitation, except where prohibited by law. Participants acknowledge that nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between entrant and Sponsor. In no way is an entrant to be construed as the agent or to be acting as the agent of Sponsor in any respect.
10. GENERAL RULES. Taxes, if any, related to the prize are the responsibility of each individual winner. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates the Official Rules, or acts in any unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent or result of annoying, abusing, threatening or harassing any other person. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or postpone the Sweepstakes in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or cancel the Sweepstakes in the event there are insufficient Entries as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event of termination or cancelation of the Sweepstakes, the prizes may be awarded by alternate means in the Sponsor’s discretion. The decisions of Sponsor, its affiliates and advertising and promotional agencies and Sweepstakes administrators and judges’ decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
11. RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. No responsibility or liability is assumed for damages, losses, or injury resulting from acceptance or use of any prize or participation in the SWEEPSTAKES and Sponsor shall have no liability or responsibility for, AND EACH PARTICIPANT for and on behalf of themselves, their heir(s) and successors, HEREBY RELEASES, indemnifies and hold harmless SPONSOR, its employees, directors, officers, agents, representatives and anyone working at the direction or with the permission of sponsor from, any claim arising in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes, and/or any prize awarded. Participants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes, and/or use of any prize. this limitation of LIABILITY is a comprehensive limitation of LIABILITY that applies to all damages of any kind, INCLUDING (WITHOUT limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages; loss of data, INCOME or profit; loss or damage to property; and claims of third PARTIES. The Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for deliveries or any a failure to deliver by any courier, postal service, technical, hardware, software or telephone or facsimile malfunctions of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error that may occur in the processing or judging of the Sweepstakes.
The Released Parties are not responsible for late, incomplete, inaccurate submissions, or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, inability to access a web site, inability to submit an entry, or fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions or inaccurate transcription of entry information, whether caused by Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user’s system or limit an eligible participant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Released Parties are not responsible for late, incomplete, or damaged entries. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play, or submission of entries, or should the Sweepstakes be unable to run as planned for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Sweepstakes.
12. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules and of the rights and responsibilities of the participants in and Sponsor of the Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the State of Massachusetts, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts or the appropriate Massachusetts state court for the City of Quincy, Norfolk County, and participants in consent to the jurisdiction of such courts with respect to all such disputes. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Sweepstakes and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.