THE “CAMPUS FIRE SAFETY” CONTEST
By participating in this Contest, entrants accept and agree to be bound by the following Official Rules:
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THE ODDS OF WINNING A CONTEST PRIZE DEPEND ON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED.
2. SPONSORS & ADMINISTRATORS. The Campus Fire Safety Contest (the Contest) is sponsored and administered by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), One Batterymarch Park, Quincy, MA 02169-7471, the Center for Campus Fire Safety (CCFS) 10 State Street, Newburyport, MA 01950, the University of New Haven Fire Science Club (UNH Fire Science Club) 300 Boston Post Rd., West Haven, CT 06516, and Domino’s (Domino’s) 30 Frank Lloyd Wright Dr., Ann Arbor, MI 48105 (each of NFPA, CCFS, UNH Fire Science Club and Domino’s individually a Sponsor and collectively, the Sponsors).
3. ELIGIBILITY. Eligibility for the Contest is open to natural persons who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and who are 18 years of age and older and who are currently enrolled in an institute of higher education and have an e-mail address with a .edu domain name. All participants must complete a Tier 1 entry (described below) and have the option of additionally completing a Tier 2 entry (described below). Employees, directors and officers of the Sponsors (including their affiliates and advertising agencies and contest administrators, including Heyo), and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses) and household members are not eligible to enter. This Contest is void where prohibited.
4. THE CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins on September 1, 2015 and winners will be announced on or about September 30, 2015. The period for entering the Contest begins at 8:00:00 AM Eastern Time (ET) on September 1, 2015 and ends 11:59:59 PM ET on September 25, 2015 (the "Contest Entry Period").
5. HOW TO ENTER. To enter the Contest, Participants must be eligible, must comply with these Official Rules, and must submit an Entry form (see below) during the Contest Entry Period. To enter Tier 1, Participants must watch the Contest overview video found on the Campus Fire Safety for Students Facebook page via the Heyo Contest tab at: https://www.facebook.com/campusfiresafetyforstudents. In addition, Participants must complete their submission (Entry) by adding their full name and a valid student email address (using a .edu domain) into the submission form found on the Heyo Contest Facebook tab. Participants who submit their valid Entry to the Tier 1 contest are eligible win Tier 1 prizes and are eligible to enter Tier 2, but are not required to do so. To enter Tier 2, Participants must watch the nine (9) campus fire safety PSA videos found on the Heyo Contest Facebook tab at: https://www.facebook.com/campusfiresafetyforstudents. Additionally, Participants must submit, in writing, their Tier 2 Entry via email sent to email@example.com, including full name, phone number and name of higher education institute, along with a description of how the Participant will become more fire safe on their campus in 200 words or less using the PSAs as inspiration. All Entries must be uploaded to Heyo through the contest tab on the Campus Fire Safety for Students Facebook page during the Contest Entry Period. Once an Entry is uploaded, it cannot be modified, changed or altered in any way for any reason. Participants may submit only a single Entry. Once entered in the Contest, it is solely the responsibility of each Participant to ensure the contact information we have for you is current. Sponsors are not responsible for any failure to contact you if the contact information is not current.
6. WINNER SELECTION. Two (2) winners will be randomly selected from all eligible Tier 1 entries. All eligible Tier 2 entries will be judged by NFPA, CCFS and UNH Fire Science Club, to select one (1) winner. Tier 2 entries will be judged based on the clarity and thoughtfulness of their written statement as well as the judges’ assessment of creativity in the development of the fire safety ideas. All decisions of the Sponsors, their contest administrators and the judges are final.
SELECTION OF A WINNER DOES NOT INDICATE THE SPONSORS HAVE ANY OPINION OF THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE ENTRY TO ACHIEVE ITS GOAL OR ANY FIRE SAFETY.
7. PRIZE. Tier 1: Two (2) randomly selected winners will receive delivery of 17 pizzas with varying toppings and eight (8) 2 liter bottles of soda, provided by Domino’s (ARV $200). Date, time and location of each pizza party will be arranged by Winner and local Domino’s representative. Tier 2: One (1) winner, the submitter of the idea selected by judges will receive an Apple iPad mini 3, 64 GB storage, connected by Wi-Fi only (ARV $499). Prizes are awarded “as is.” No substitutions are allowed. Prizes will be awarded, provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received. Prizes may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the Sponsors’ sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
8. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS. Winning Participants are subject to verification of identity and eligibility prior to the award of any prize. Winning Participants will be notified by email at the email address provided on the Entry Form. Within ten (10) days of the date that notification is sent, the winning Participants must, by return email or by other means as may be directed by the Sponsor, provide a response indicating each Participant’s acceptance of the prize and providing the Sponsors with an executed CONSENT AND RELEASE, confirmation of the winning Participant’s identity and eligibility and agreement with the terms and conditions contained in these Official Rules. FAILURE TO PROMPTLY SIGN AND RETURN THIS DOCUMENTATION OR TO COMPLY WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL RESULT IN PARTICIPANT’S DISQUALIFICATION. Participants who do not provide a timely and full response will be disqualified and will forfeit any prize. In addition, any prize will be forfeited if any winning Participant is found to be ineligible, not in compliance with these Official Rules, or declines to accept the prize. All expenses and costs related to the participation in the Contest or any prize that’s awarded are the Participant’s sole responsibility.
9. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. By entering the Contest, Participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to accept and abide by all decisions of the Sponsors and any judge(s) with regard to the interpretation and implementation of the Official Rules, and the Contest. By entering the Contest and by accepting status as Participant or any prize, each Participant consents to the use of his/her name, city and state of residence, higher education institution name, image, photograph or other likeness, the Entry and statements, and comments relating to the Contest or Sponsors, without further compensation, notification or permission in any publicity or advertising carried out by Sponsors or any related entities in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed without territorial or time limitation, except where prohibited by law. Participants acknowledge that nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between entrant and Sponsors. In no way is an entrant to be construed as the agent or to be acting as the agent of Sponsors in any respect.
10. GENERAL RULES. Taxes, if any, related to the prize are the responsibility of each individual winner. The Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, violates the Official Rules, or acts in any unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent or result of annoying, abusing, threatening or harassing any other person. Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, terminate or postpone the Contest in their sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right to terminate or cancel the Contest in the event there are insufficient Entries as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. In the event of termination or cancelation of the Contest, the prizes may be awarded by alternate means in the Sponsors’ discretion. The decisions of Sponsors, their affiliates and advertising and promotional agencies and contest administrators and judges’ decisions are final on all matters relating to this Contest.
11. RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. No responsibility or liability is assumed for damages, losses, or injury resulting from acceptance or use of any prize or participation in the CONTEST and SponsorS shall have no liability or responsibility for, AND EACH PARTICIPANT for and on behalf of themselves, their heir(s) and successors, HEREBY RELEASES, indemnifies and hold harmless SPONSORS, THEIR employees, directors, officers, agents, representatives and anyone working at the direction or with the permission of sponsorS from, any claim arising in connection with participation in this Contest, and/or any prize awarded. Participants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Contest, and/or use of any prize. this limitation of LIABILITY is a comprehensive limitation of LIABILITY that applies to all damages of any kind, INCLUDING (WITHOUT limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages; loss of data, INCOME or profit; loss or damage to property; and claims of third PARTIES. The SponsorS and THEIR agents are not responsible for deliveries or any a failure to deliver by any courier, postal service, technical, hardware, software or telephone or facsimile malfunctions of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any human error that may occur in the processing or judging of the Contest.
12. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules and of the rights and responsibilities of the participants in and Sponsors of the Contest shall be governed by the laws of the State of Massachusetts, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or in connection with this Contest shall be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts or the appropriate Massachusetts state court for the City of Quincy, Norfolk County, and participants in consent to the jurisdiction of such courts with respect to all such disputes. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Contest and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.