NATIONAL FIRE PROTECTION ASSOCIATION® (NFPA®), LEGOLAND® FLORIDA and LEGOLAND® CALIFORNIA RESORT “SMOKE ALARM PLEDGE & SWEEPSTAKES” – OFFICIAL RULES
By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants accept and agree to be bound by the following Official Rules:
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THE ODDS OF WINNING A CONTEST PRIZE DEPEND ON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED.
2. SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR. The Smoke Alarm Pledge & Sweepstakes (the Sweepstakes) is sponsored by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), One Batterymarch Park, Quincy, MA 02169-7471, LEGOLAND Florida (LEGOLAND Florida), 1 Legoland Way, Winter Haven, FL 33884, and LEGOLAND California Resort (LEGOLAND California Resort), 1 Legoland Dr, Carlsbad, CA 92008 (NFPA, LEGOLAND Florida and LEGOLAND California Resort, are, collectively, the Sponsors), and is administered by the NFPA.
3. ELIGIBILITY. Eligibility for the Sweepstakes is open to natural persons who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and who are 21 years of age and older. Participants must meet all eligibility criteria. Employees, directors and officers of the Sponsors (including all affiliates and advertising agencies and contest administrators, including SnapApp), and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses) and household members are not eligible to enter. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited.
4. THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. The Sweepstakes begins on September 2, 2014 and the winner will be announced on or about October 7, 2014. The period for entering the Sweepstakes begins at 8:00:00 AM Eastern Time (ET) on September 2, 2014 and ends 11:59:59 PM ET on October 5, 2014 (the Sweepstakes Entry Period).
5. HOW TO ENTER. To enter the Sweepstakes, Participants must be eligible, must comply with these Official Rules, and must submit an Entry (pledge signing, see below) and Entry Form during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. To enter, Participants must agree to take the “Smoke Alarm Pledge” which states that you will test each of your home’s smoke alarms once per month to ensure they are working. To demonstrate your willingness to adhere to the Smoke Alarm Pledge, Participants must virtually sign the Smoke Alarm Pledge using the SnapApp widget and submit the entry form provided. The completed Entry Form must be uploaded to SnapApp either through the NFPA website landing page created for the Sweepstakes at: www.nfpa.org/legoland or through the Sweepstakes tab on NFPA’s Facebook page during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Once an Entry is uploaded, it cannot be modified, changed or altered in any way for any reason. Participants may submit only a single Entry. The Entry Form must include the name of the Participant as well as the telephone number and email address of that Participant. Once entered in the Sweepstakes, it is solely the responsibility of each Participant to ensure the contact information we have for you is current. Sponsors are not responsible for any failure to contact you if the contact information is not current.
6. WINNER SELECTION. Following the Sweepstakes Entry Pperiod, one (1) grand prize winner and ten (10) runners up will be selected through a random drawing from among all eligible entries received by SnapApp during the Sweepstakes Entry Period.
7. PRIZE. Grand Prize (1): The Participant that is randomly selected from all eligible entries in the Sweepstakes as the grand prize winner will receive a trip for four (4) consisting of the following four (4) elements: (i) either four (4) one-day admission tickets to LEGOLAND Florida (LEGOLAND Water Park and parking not included) or four (4) one-day admission tickets to LEGOLAND California (including LEGOLAND, LEGOLAND Water Park, if open on winner’s chosen travel dates** and SEA LIFE Aquarium, but not including parking) (ARV $320.00), (ii) 3 day/2 night double occupancy, standard room hotel accommodations for four (4) at LEGOLAND California Resort Hotel (if winner chooses LEGOLAND California tickets) or with one of LEGOLAND Florida Bed and Brick hotel partners in Winter Haven, Florida (if winner chooses LEGOLAND Florida tickets) selected by the Sponsors. Accommodations are subject to availability, and blackout dates may apply (ARV $400), (iii) three day car rental voucher from Budget Rental Car (ARV $250), and (iv) round-trip coach air transportation for grand prize winner and three (3) travel companions from the major airport nearest the grand prize winner’s residence as listed on the Entry Form to Orlando International Airport (if winner chooses LEGOLAND Florida tickets), or San Diego International Airport (if winner chooses LEGOLAND California tickets) , up to $2,000 in value (ARV $2,000). Grand prize winners and their travel companions must travel together on the same itinerary. (In the event the grand prize winner lives within 100 miles of the chosen park’s location, mileage reimbursement will be provided from the Participant’s residence to the destination park in lieu of airline tickets and rental car voucher.) All travel will be arranged by Sponsor and must be completed within one year from the date the grand prize winner signs the CONSENT and RELEASE. Runner Up Prizes (10): Ten Participants that are randomly selected from all eligible entries in the Sweepstakes as the runners up will receive either four (4) one-day admission tickets to LEGOLAND Florida (LEGOLAND Water Park and parking not included) or four (4) one-day admission tickets to LEGOLAND California (including LEGOLAND, LEGOLAND Water Park, if open on winner’s chosen travel dates** and SEA LIFE Aquarium, but not including parking) (ARV $320.00 each)).
Prizes are awarded “as is.” No substitutions are allowed. Prizes will be awarded, provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received. Prizes may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. If actual value is lower than the stated ARV, any difference will not be awarded.
**LEGOLAND Water Park is only open seasonally.
8. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS. Winning Participants (grand prize winner and runners up) are subject to verification of identity and eligibility prior to the award of any prize. Winning Participants will be notified by email at the email address provided on the Entry Form. Within ten (10) days of the date that notification is sent, the winning Participants must, by return email or by other means as may be directed by the Sponsors or the Sweepstakes administrator, provide a response indicating each Participant’s acceptance of the prize and providing the Sponsor with an executed CONSENT AND RELEASE, confirmation of the winning Participants’ identity and eligibility and agreement with the terms and conditions contained in these Official Rules. In addition, the grand prize winner will be required to provide the names and ages of his or her travel companions. The travel companions of the grand prize winner (or their respective parent or legal guardian if companion is a minor) will each be required to execute a Release of Liability prior to the grand prize being awarded and prior to travel. FAILURE TO PROMPTLY SIGN AND RETURN THIS DOCUMENTATION OR TO COMPLY WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL RESULT IN PARTICIPANT’S DISQUALIFICATION. Winning Participants who do not provide a timely and full response will be disqualified and will forfeit any prize. In addition, any prize will be forfeited if any winning Participant is found to be ineligible, not in compliance with these Official Rules, or declines to accept the prize. All travel must be completed within one year from the date the grand prize winner signs the CONSENT and RELEASE. Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate grand prize winner’s requested travel dates but the timing of the trip is subject to availability, blackout dates, etc. Airline carrier’s regulations and conditions apply. Trips may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles or other rewards programs. Grand prize winners and their travel companions must must each possess valid travel documents (i.e. valid photo ID) in order to travel. Certain restrictions may apply. Seat selection and timing of trip subject to availability, airline requirements and confirmation of reservations. Grand prize winners and their travel companions must travel together on the same itinerary. Use of admission tickets is subject to all LEGOLAND rules, restrictions and requirements. No refunds or credit for changes are allowed. All other expenses and costs, not expressly listed above, including, but not limited to, taxes, tips, entertainment, transfers, luggage fees, meals while away from home and transportation between home residence and the airport are the grand prize winner’s sole responsibility.
9. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. By entering the Sweepstakes, Participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to accept and abide by all decisions of the Sponsors with regard to the interpretation and implementation of the Official Rules, and the Sweepstakes. By entering the Sweepstakes and by accepting status as a Participant and/or travel or any prize, each Participant consents to the use of his/her names, city and state of residence, voice, image, photograph or other likeness, participation in the Sweepstakes and statements, and comments relating to the Sweepstakes, Sponsors, without further compensation, notification or permission in any publicity or advertising carried out by Sponsors or any related entities in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed without territorial or time limitation, except where prohibited by law. Participants acknowledge that nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between entrant and Sponsors. In no way is an entrant to be construed as the agent or to be acting as the agent of the Sponsors in any respect.
10. GENERAL RULES. Taxes, if any, related to the prize are the responsibility of each individual winner. The Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates the Official Rules, or acts in any unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent or result of annoying, abusing, threatening or harassing any other person. Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsors reserve the right to change or modify the dates of, terminate or postpone the Sweepstakes in their sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right to terminate or cancel the Sweepstakes in the event there are insufficient Entries as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. In the event of termination or cancelation of the Sweepstakes, the prizes may be awarded by alternate means in the Sponsor’s discretion. The decisions of Sponsors, their affiliates and advertising and promotional agencies and sweepstakes administrators are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
11. RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. No responsibility or liability is assumed for damages, losses, or injury resulting from acceptance or use of any prize or participation in the SWEEPSTAKES and Sponsors shall have no liability or responsibility for, AND EACH PARTICIPANT for and on behalf of themselves, their heir(s) and successors, HEREBY RELEASES, indemnifies and hold harmless SPONSORs, THEIR employees, directors, officers, agents, representatives and anyone working at the direction or with the permission of sponsors from, any claim arising in connection with participation in this SWEEPSTAKES, and/or any prize awarded. Participants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this SWEEPSTAKES, and/or use of any prize. this limitation of LIABILITY is a comprehensive limitation of LIABILITY that applies to all damages of any kind, INCLUDING (WITHOUT limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages; loss of data, INCOME or profit; loss or damage to property; and claims of third PARTIES. The SponsorS and THEIR RESPECTIVE agents are not responsible for deliveries or any a failure to deliver by any courier, postal service, technical, hardware, software or telephone or facsimile malfunctions of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications associated with or utilized in this SWEEPSTAKES or by any human error that may occur in the processing or judging of the SWEEPSTAKES.
12. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules and of the rights and responsibilities of the participants in and Sponsors of the Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the State of Massachusetts, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts or the appropriate Massachusetts state court for the City of Quincy, Norfolk County, and participants in consent to the jurisdiction of such courts with respect to all such disputes. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Sweepstakes and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.