1. After I fill out the exam application, how will I know if I've met the eligibility requirements?
You will receive a letter from NFPA within two weeks of your application receipt.
2. What is the application fee?
3. Does NFPA offer exam preparation?
Yes, NFPA offers a primer course.
4. When will I get directions to the exam location?
NFPA will notify you by e-mail of the proctor and exam location two weeks prior to your exam date.
5. When will test results be available?
NFPA will notify you by mail of pass/fail status three to four weeks after your exam date. A scaled score of 70% or above must be achieved to pass the exam, but please note exact test scores are not released.
6. When will I receive my CFPS certificate?
A CFPS certificate, lapel pin and wallet card will be sent by mail three to four weeks after your exam date.
7. How do I maintain my certification?
There is an annual fee of $125 with recertification every three years.
1 Batterymarch Park
Quincy, MA 02269
Phone: +1 617 984-7484
Fax: +1 617 984-7127