The NFPA Certified Sprinkler ITM Specialist (CSITMS) for Facility Managers program was created in 2016 after extensive market research was conducted with facility managers from a wide range of industries.
The research indicated a strong desire to have a credential that highlights their knowledge of the many challenges associated with a proper inspection, testing, and maintenance program for water-based fire protection systems, and how to keep their facilities in compliance with the 2014 edition of NFPA 25, Standard for the Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water-based Fire Protection Systems
- Recognize and provide evidence of competence with inspection, testing and maintenance of water-based fire protection systems, and how to keep facilities in compliance
- Ensure proficiency in the use of NFPA 25, Standard for the Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water-based Fire Protection Systems
- Enhance professionalism
- Promote professional development
- Ensure a uniform, fair process for certification that is accessible to everyone
- Be recognized by your colleagues as an expert
- Gain confidence in your abilities
- Improve your job performance
- Position yourself for career advancement
- Certification holders also receive a CSITMS certificate
NFPA wants to partner with you to protect your personal information – NEVER INCLUDE PERSONAL AND/OR CREDIT CARD PAYMENT INFORMATION IN THE BODY OF ANY EMAIL – If you wish to email your application or other personal documentation, it must be placed within an attached document, and you must use the NFPA secure email server
. Once you access this server and create your NFPA secure email account, you should select OTHER from the "To" pull-down list, and then enter firstname.lastname@example.org
in the address box. Complete the email process by attaching your personal documentation and clicking "Send." Remember your new NFPA secure email account information for future secure communications with NFPA.
The exam is based on the 2014 edition of NFPA 25, Standard for the Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water-based Fire Protection Systems. It is the candidate’s responsibility to obtain this reference source for study purposes and to have present during the examination. It is the only reference source allowed in the examination room. If you would like to purchase this NFPA document, please go to NFPA's online catalog.
NFPA Certification Department, 1 Batterymarch Park, Quincy, MA 02169
Tel: +1 617 984-7509; Fax: +1 617 984-7127; email: email@example.com