Test your fire safety smarts
Safe at Home Ė Preventing Fires in Mississippi
is about life and death. Take this quiz to see what you have learned about preventing fires.
1. What cause of fire kills the most people?
2. When frying food, how many minutes do you think it is safe to leave your cooking unattended?
3. How many feet away should you keep space heaters and electric heaters from objects that may catch fire, such as curtains, bedding and paper?
4. How often should you check smoke alarms to make sure that they are working properly?
Every 3 months.
Every 6 months.
5. How frequently should you practice a fire escape plan?
Once a week.
Once a month.
Once a year.
Twice a year.
Download and share this quiz
(PDF, 27 KB) with others to help protect Mississippi from fires at home.
For more information, call 1-888-MSFIRE1, visit
, or write to email@example.com.
Copyright NFPA 2007