Applying the 2000 NFPA 101®: Life Safety Code® to Health Care Occupancies 3-day Seminar
|Item # 101HCE3|
Prepare for the Joint Commission survey with training from the Life Safety Code® experts!*NFPA®'s highly regarded seminar helps you ensure your organization stays in compliance with NFPA codes referenced by The Joint Commission and CMS. While the 2000 edition of NFPA 101®: Life Safety Code® is still the basis for these rules, CMS has filed a federal agenda item indicating its intent to issue a proposed rule adopting the 2012 edition of the LSC.
In this modified program, you'll gain a comprehensive understanding of the 2000 edition of the Life Safety Code as it relates to the health care environment -- along with key differences in the 2012 Life Safety Code that will have specific implications for health care occupancies in the future. Learn about overall changes to the Code including placement of equipment and furnishings in corridors, new provisions for patient suites, and expanded provisions for automatic sprinkler systems.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Explain the impact of the CMS S&C Letter issued in 2012 on the use of allowable equipment in the corridors
- Discuss the scope and purpose of Chapter 43, Building Rehabilitation
- Identify changes to the requirements for door locking to address security measures
Reasons you should attend:
- Get expert advice from the professionals who help develop the code and understand the SOC
- Learn how to complete the eSOC and how the Life Safety Code specialists will use this information
- Discuss what the Life Safety Code specialists may ask while reviewing your eSOC during the building tour
- Learn how to apply the core chapters of NFPA 101 and the occupancy specific requirements for health care to your facility including means of egress design and fire protection features
- Learn how to apply the code to renovations and occupancy changes
- Learn how to apply FSES equivalency methods as a cost-savings approach to applying the requirements of the code
- Learn how to properly classify occupancies within your facility so that you don't over apply the code or overspend your budget
Register today to ensure that your facility is prepared for unannounced surveys!
Who Will Benefit:
Hospital engineers, hospital facility managers, hospital safety directors, risk managers, nursing home safety directors, architects, designers, administrators responsible for Joint Commission compliance, health care facility consultants
Free Seminar Materials -- $100 VALUE!
- NFPA 101: Life Safety Code, 2000 Edition
- Student Activity Book
- NFPA Nylon Briefcase
Continuing Education Credits:
Earn 21 hours or 2.1 Continuing Education Units. Attendance is required to earn CEU's. Please verify applicability with your professional board before attending.
Apply the code TO your facility AT your facility!
The premier training experience from NFPA: customized, hands-on instruction on-site at your workplace, administered by recognized experts who developed the codes and standards. For more information, contact us at 1-877-336-3280 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit nfpatraining.org/onsite.
*Looking for Health Care Compliance Certificate Program 5-day Seminar? Register here
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|