2013 NFPA 13, 13D, & 13R Changes 1-day Seminar
|Item # 13SCHG1|
Attend the 2013 NFPA 13, NFPA 13D and NFPA 13R Changes Seminar to advance your skills and understand how revised sprinkler requirements impact your work.
Major revisions in the 2013 editions of NFPA 13, NFPA 13D, and NFPA 13R will impact water-based fire protection projects across the board. Developed for experienced installers and others already familiar with the 2010 Standards, this fast-paced, one-day seminar brings you up-to-speed with sprinkler design and installation provisions.
Dynamic, expert-led discussion addresses new water-based technology, vital issues related to antifreeze use, and an introduction to NFPA 13's new Chapter 21 on alternative/performance-based design approaches to storage protection. A special module covers major changes in the 2013 edition of NFPA 20: Installation of Stationary Pumps for Fire Protection.
Be prepared to apply new requirements confidently and significantly shorten your learning curve. A scientific calculator is required.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Recognize materials compatibility issues related to nonmetallic piping
- Understand current issues related to restrictions on the use of antifreeze solutions in systems
- Apply new requirements and allowances for performance-based design criteria for storage occupancies in new Chapter 21
- Apply revised requirements for protection of elevator shafts and elevator machine rooms
- Understand new NFPA 20 criteria addressing positive displacement pumps and pumps in series
Who Will Benefit:
Engineers, plan reviewers, designers, installers, inspectors, manufacturers, insurers, consultants, and project managers
Free Seminar Materials -- $100 VALUE
- NFPA 13: Installation of Sprinkler Systems, 2013 Edition
- Seminar Workbook
- NFPA Nylon Briefcase
Continuing Education Credit:
Earn 7 hours or .7 Continuing Education Units. Attendance is required to earn CEUs. Please verify applicability with your professional board before attending.
Apply the code TO your facility AT your facility!
The premier training experience from NFPA: customized, hands-on instruction on-site at your workplace, administered by recognized experts who developed the codes and standards. For more information, contact us at 1-877-336-3280 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit nfpatraining.org/onsite.
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|