NFPA 5000®: Building Construction and Safety Code®, 2003 Edition
|Item # 500003|
The only ANSI-approved building code spans new construction, building rehabilitation, and enforcement!
Scientifically based and supported, this is the only building code developed through an ANSI-accredited process, and the only one organized by occupancy. NFPA 5000®: Building Construction and Safety Code® combines regulations controlling design, construction, quality of materials, use and occupancy, location, and maintenance of buildings and structures, with fire and life safety requirements found in NFPA® codes and standards such as the Life Safety Code®.
- Type of occupancy - hospital, clinic, family dwelling, day-care, hotel, industrial building, and storage facility
- Structural design - everything from seismic criteria to wind loads to flood design
- Construction materials - concrete, steel, masonry, wood, plastics, and glass
- Fire and life safety features - fire protection systems and equipment, fire-resistive materials and construction, means of egress, and accessibility
- Building systems - electrical, mechanical, plumbing, elevators and conveying
A complete process for a performance-based design option guides your work with non-traditional construction. Another chapter addresses the rehabilitation of existing buildings. Plus the NFPA 5000 combines the latest recommendations from ASCE, FEMA, and the materials industries.
Making sure buildings are safe, efficient, and functional is a complex job. Designed for your work and developed through an ANSI-accredited balanced consensus process -- with referenced codes and standards that are also accredited by ANSI -- find it all in NFPA 5000! (Softbound, 508 pp., 2003)
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|