2012 NFPA 70E®: Electrical Safety in the Workplace® 2-day Seminar
|Item # 70E2|
Correctly use the new 2012 NFPA 70E® to identify and mitigate electrical shock and arc flash hazards in the workplace.
Electrical hazards cause hundreds of deaths and thousands of injuries on the job each year. Most could be avoided by following NFPA 70E, originally developed at OSHA's request that is widely used to identify electrical safety hazards in the workplace and reduce employee exposure to those hazards. Whether you are an employer responsible for personnel safety, or an employee tasked with identifying and addressing electrical hazards, get authoritative training direct from the NFPA 70E source.
NFPA's expert-led classroom instruction helps you understand the 2012 edition of NFPA 70E and how it is used to identify and reduce exposure to electrical safety hazards. Training addresses major changes to NFPA 70E such as the new direct current (dc) tasks table and how to correctly perform "hazard assessment" and "risk analysis".
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Understand the interaction between NFPA 70E and OSHA requirements
- Define electrical safety hazards and how to protect against shock, electrocution and arc flash
- Identify safety policies and procedures employers are legally required to provide for their workers
- Describe the safety procedures needed to work safely while exposed to live circuits
- Determine hazardous risk categories for many common workplace tasks and conditions
- Recognize the intent and limitations of personal protective equipment
- Describe requirements for energizing and de-energizing power circuits
- Identify the elements of an Electrical Hazard Analysis
- Use NFPA 70E Tables 130.7 C15 and C16 to determine the Hazard Risk Category for various tasks
- Identify safety-related maintenance requirements for a wide range of electrical equipment, including those specific to batteries and battery rooms, electrical distribution equipment, and safety grounding equipment
- Identify the hazards to personnel working with equipment, and employee responsibilities
Register today and receive a 6 months of necplus free! an $80 value. necplus® provides online access to the most current, comprehensive electrical information -- including the NEC®, NFPA 70E, and more!
Who Will Benefit: Electrical engineers, safety managers, electricians, electrical contractors, electrical inspectors, project managers, risk managers, plant managers, and facility maintenance personnel
Free Seminar Materials -- $65 VALUE!
- NFPA 70E: Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace®, 2012 Edition
- Exclusive Seminar Workbook
- NFPA® Nylon Briefcase
Continuing Education Credits:
Earn 14 hours or 1.4 CEUs for this 2-day NFPA 70E Seminar. Attendance is required to earn CEU's. Please verify applicability with your professional board before attending.
Apply the code TO your facility AT your facility!
The premier training experience from NFPA: customized, hands-on instruction on-site at your workplace, administered by recognized experts who developed the codes and standards. For more information, contact us at 1-877-336-3280 or e-mail email@example.com, or visit nfpatraining.org/onsite.
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|