2015 NFPA 70E®: Electrical Safety in the Workplace® 2-day Seminar
|Item # 70E2|
Correctly use the 2015 NFPA 70E® to assess risks and protect personnel against electrical shock and arc flash hazards.
Each year, electrical dangers in the workplace cause hundreds of deaths and thousands of injuries. NFPA 70E: Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace® -- the Standard originally developed at OSHA's request -- is the key to saving lives, reducing liability, and avoiding loss due to electrical incidents. NFPA®'s clear, authoritative instruction teaches you how to apply the 2015 edition of NFPA 70E to assess electrical risks and reduce employee exposure to potentially deadly hazards.
This dynamic, expert-led course uses activities, exercises, videos, job aids, and templates to provide you with the right tools to help set up and follow an electrical safety program, as well as help document safety procedures for compliance with OSHA 1910 Subpart S and OSHA 1926 Subpart K. Whether you're an employer responsible for personnel safety or an employee tasked with identifying and addressing electrical hazards, NFPA 70E training is vital.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Understand the interaction between NFPA 70E and OSHA requirements
- Define electrical safety hazards and how to protect against shock, electrocution and arc flash
- Identify safety policies and procedures employers are legally required to provide for their workers
- Describe the safety procedures needed to work safely while exposed to live circuits
- Determine arc flash PPE categories for many common workplace tasks and conditions
- Recognize the intent and limitations of personal protective equipment
- Describe requirements for energizing and de-energizing power circuits
- Identify the elements of an Electrical Hazard Analysis
- Use the NFPA 70E Arc Flash PPE Tables to determine Arc Flash PPE Category for various tasks
- Identify safety-related maintenance requirements for a wide range of electrical equipment, including those specific to batteries and battery rooms, electrical distribution equipment, and safety grounding equipment
- Identify the hazards to personnel working with equipment, and employee responsibilities
Who Will Benefit: Electrical engineers, safety managers, electricians, electrical contractors, electrical inspectors, project managers, risk managers, plant managers, and facility maintenance personnel
Free with Training!
NFPA 70E: Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace, 2015 Edition
Continuing Education Credit:
Earn 14 hours or 1.4 CEUs for this 2-day NFPA 70E Seminar. Attendance is required to earn CEU's. Please verify applicability with your professional board before attending.
Apply the code TO your facility AT your facility!
The premier training experience from NFPA: customized, hands-on instruction on-site at your workplace, administered by recognized experts who developed the codes and standards. For more information, contact us at 1-877-336-3280 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit nfpatraining.org/onsiteseminars.
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|