2012 NFPA 70E®: Personal Protective Equipment and Other Protective Equipment 1-Day Seminar
|Item # 70EM21|
NFPA® has created a series of interactive seminars on the 2012 edition of NFPA 70E®: Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace®. Each one-day seminar focuses on real-world scenarios.*
Control electrical hazard risks to avoid electrical injures and deaths at your site. This expert-led seminar teaches you how!
Electrical shock and arc flash hazard accidents can happen in an instant. Arc flash can happen without even touching live components and occurs thousands of times a year in workplaces throughout the United States. For the employee affected, the severe shock and burn injuries can require extensive treatment including burn centers and the disabilities can last a lifetime.
That is why the all-new 2012 2012 NFPA 70E®: PPE and Approach Boundaries 1-Day Seminar is essential for professionals who select PPE and/or who supervise electrical work. This interactive course explains the root causes of electric shock and arc flash exposures and how to use NFPA 70E rules for proper PPE selection and worker protection.
Through discussion and activities guided by electrical safety experts, you'll explore the components of an arc flash hazard analysis, and then examine Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as a method to control the risk associated with the hazards. Activities include identifying necessary PPE for specific situations, considering PPE requirements in the 2012 NFPA 70E® Electrical Safety in the Workplace® in equipment ratings and limitations.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Identify the presence of electrical hazards
- Determine precautionary techniques for work involving electrical hazards
- Understand why the precautions are necessary
- Identify the components of an arc flash hazard analysis
- Comply with PPE requirements for electrical hazards
- Describe the requirements for the proper care and maintenance of PPE
* The five 2012 70E modules that focus on real-world scenarios include:
- NFPA 70E: Task Hazard Analysis 1-Day Seminar
- NFPA 70E: Personal Protective Equipment and Other Protective Equipment 1-Day Seminar
- NFPA 70E: Safe Work Conditions 1-Day Seminar
- NFPA 70E: Live Work 1-Day Seminar
- NFPA 70E: Administration and Documentation 1-Day Seminar
Register today and receive complimentary 6 months access to necplus® -- an $80 value that includes the NEC®, NFPA 70E, and their companion Handbooks.
Who Will Benefit:
Employees along with supervisors of personnel whose work activities can expose them to electrical hazards, including: electricians, electrical contractors, employers, safety directors, and property owners.
Free Seminar Materials -- $65 VALUE!
- NFPA 70E: Electrical Safety in the Workplace, 2012 Edition
- Seminar Workbook
- NFPA Nylon Briefcase
Continuing Education Credit:
Earn 7 hours or 0.7 Continuing Education Units. Attendance is required to earn CEUs. Please verify applicability with your professional board before attending.
Apply the code TO your facility AT your facility!
The premier training experience from NFPA: customized, hands-on instruction on-site at your workplace, administered by recognized experts who developed the codes and standards. For more information, contact us at 1-877-336-3280 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit nfpatraining.org/onsite.
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|