2012 NFPA 70E®: Safe Work Conditions 1-Day Seminar
|Item # 70EM31|
NFPA® has created a series of interactive seminars on the 2012 edition of NFPA 70E®: Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace®. Each one-day seminar focuses on real-world scenarios.*
The NFPA 70E®: Safe Work Conditions Seminar helps employers and employees comply with Article 120 of NFPA 70E and OSHA regulations.
The Safe Work Conditions Seminar helps employers and employees learn how to create an electrically-safe work condition (ESWC) in accordance with Article 120 of NFPA 70E®, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration's (OSHA) regulation 29 CFR 1910.333 in OSHA Subpart S.
Supervisors will gain an understanding and appreciation for an employer's responsibilities and duties relative to electrical safety on the job. Employers and employees will learn how to avoid tragedies caused by electrical safe-work practice infringements in order to avoid OSHA violations at their facilities. This seminar is taught by technically-competent instructors with real-world experience.
Owners, supervisors, and employees will review 2012 NFPA 70E provisions, including training rules for qualified and unqualified personnel.
Upon completion of this seminar participants should be able to:
- Discuss an employer's responsibilities regarding creating an ESWC (e.g., lockout/tagout (LOTO) policy)
- Identify the requirements for establishing an electrically-safe work condition (electrical lockout/tagout)
- Identify the steps to verify the absence of voltage
- Describe voltage tester inspection and operational verification
- Understand Simple and Complex lockout
- Identify the elements of a LOTO program
- Understand shock and arc flash boundaries
- Explain use of personal protective equipment during verification
* The five 2012 70E modules that focus on real-world scenarios include:
- NFPA 70E: Task Hazard Analysis 1-Day Seminar
- NFPA 70E: Personal Protective Equipment and Other Protective Equipment 1-Day Seminar
- NFPA 70E: Safe Work Conditions 1-Day Seminar
- NFPA 70E: Live Work 1-Day Seminar
- NFPA 70E: Administration and Documentation 1-Day Seminar
Register today and receive complimentary 6 months access to necplus® -- an $80 value that includes the NEC®, NFPA 70E, and their companion Handbooks.
Who Will Benefit:
Employees along with supervisors of personnel whose work activities can expose them to electrical hazards, including: electricians, electrical contractors, employers, safety directors, and property owners.
Free Seminar Materials -- $65.00 VALUE!:
- NFPA 70E: Electrical Safety in the Workplace, 2012 Edition
- Seminar Workbook
- NFPA Nylon Briefcase
Continuing Education Credit:
Earn 7 hours or 0.7 Continuing Education Units. Attendance is required to earn CEUs. Please verify applicability with your professional board before attending.
Apply the code TO your facility AT your facility!
The premier training experience from NFPA: customized, hands-on instruction on-site at your workplace, administered by recognized experts who developed the codes and standards. For more information, contact us at 1-877-336-3280 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit nfpatraining.org/onsite.
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|