NFPA 72®: National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code, 2010 Edition
|Item # 7210|
Landmark changes in the 2010 NFPA 72® lead the way to a new era in signaling systems.
In the most extensive Code revision since 1993, the 2010 NFPA 72's scope and organization have expanded beyond the core focus on fire alarm systems to also include requirements for mass notification systems used for weather emergencies; terrorist events; biological, chemical, and nuclear emergencies; and other threats. This wider coverage is reflected in a new Code title: National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code.
New chapter on Emergency Communications Systems responds to today's concerns.
In addition to updated rules for in-building fire emergency voice/alarm communications systems, this new chapter includes first-time provisions for:
- Risk analysis requirements for the design of mass notification systems (MNS)
- In-building MNS
- Wide-area MNS for locations such as college campuses and military bases
- Distributed recipient MNS to communicate with targeted individuals or groups
- In-building radio enhancement systems
- Area of refuge for two-way emergency communications systems
Other major revisions and additions that increase protection affect:
- Circuits and pathways -- A new chapter combines existing and new requirements and consolidates basic wiring rules and circuit performance into one location
- Voice intelligibility -- Revised installation and testing provisions plus an extensive new Annex with detailed guidance for testing
- Signaling for the deaf and hard of hearing -- Improved safety in sleeping areas includes new rules that mandate low-frequency signaling for those with mild to severe hearing loss, and tactile as well as visible signaling for those with profound hearing loss.
- Smoke detector placement -- Updated spacing and placement requirements for level beamed ceilings and new spacing requirements for sloped beamed ceilings
Raise protection to new heights! Order the groundbreaking 2010 NFPA 72: National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code today. (Softbound, 361 pp., 2010)
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|