2012 NFPA 79: Electrical Standard for Industrial Machinery 2-day Seminar
|Item # 79IM2|
Protect operators and equipment with the safeguards in the 2012 NFPA 79 as well as requirements for electrical machinery found in the NEC®.
From single-motored drill presses to complex automated systems, industrial machines present unique fire and shock hazards that must be properly addressed to safeguard personnel, equipment, and work in progress. Learn to implement provisions in the 2012 NFPA 79 with confidence to provide adequate levels of protection in this 2-day seminar direct from the source. Classroom-style instruction conducted by nationally recognized industry experts guides you through the NFPA 79 Standard and gives you the practical knowledge and understanding you need to use NFPA 79 in conjunction with the National Electrical Code® and other related documents to make informed safety decisions.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Enforce new mandates for arc-flash warning signs on power control panels
- Require that the short circuit current rating be marked on the control equipment nameplate
- Review the latest changes to the chapter on servo drives and motors
- Enforce expanded safety-related function rules for control systems
- Recognize hazards associated with industrial machines
- Explain the methods used to reduce risks and safeguard personnel
- Understand NEC requirements with regard to feeder circuits to industrial machines
- Calculate and select proper overcurrent protection in accordance with the NEC
- Apply proper wiring distribution methods and grounding techniques
- Describe the requirements of operational and safety specific control circuits
- Discuss interlocking techniques associated with enclosures
- Determine proper specification and location of control devices
- Recognize minimum safety criteria for electronic assemblies
- Identify conductors to different types of circuits
- Integrate accessory circuits correctly
Who Will Benefit:
Professionals involved with: electrical or electronic machinery, including industrial designers, engineers, safety managers, installers, inspection authorities, manufacturers, and electricians.
Free Seminar Materials -- $145 VALUE!
- NFPA 79: Electrical Standard for Industrial Machinery, 2012 Edition
- NFPA 70®: National Electrical Code, 2011 Edition
- Exclusive Seminar Workbook
- NFPA Nylon Briefcase
Continuing Education Credits:
Earn 14 hours or 1.4 Continuing Education Units. Attendance is required to earn CEUs. Please verify applicability with your professional board before attending.
Apply the code TO your facility AT your facility!
The premier training experience from NFPA: customized, hands-on instruction on-site at your workplace, administered by recognized experts who developed the codes and standards. For more information, contact us at 1-877-336-3280, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit nfpatraining.org/onsite.
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|