2012 NFPA 99: Health Care Facilities Code 2-day Seminar
|Item # 99HC2|
Monday - Tuesday
Seminars begin promptly at 8:00 AM and end at 4:30 PM.
The 2012 NFPA 99's new risk-based approach offers better occupant safety in health care environments.
What's different about the 2012 edition of NFPA 99...and how will it impact your work? Dramatic changes in the 2012 edition of the renamed Health Care Facilities Code reflect the new environment of patient care where procedures are performed in a wide variety of locations -- requiring safety guidelines based on a risk-based framework to facilitate adoption and enforcement throughout our increasingly decentralized health care system.
In this all-new 2-day Seminar, health care authorities and code experts guide you through NFPA 99's revised content and complete reorganization, taking an in-depth look at how to conduct a risk-based analysis. Interactive training involves hands-on exercises and activities to give you a working knowledge of the new Health Care Facilities Code.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Discuss how the 2012 NFPA 99: Health Care Facilities Code has been rewritten and reorganized to apply a risk-based approach to requirements
- Correctly apply new requirements that consider operating rooms wet locations unless a risk assessment of the area determines otherwise
- Understand and apply NFPA 99's new chapters on security, fire protection, and information technology
- Summarize the new provisions for plumbing and HVAC systems
- Work with the new updated Chapter 5, Gas and Vacuum Systems
- Comply with new rules concerning storage of compressed gas cylinders, including cylinder safety, cylinder operations, and labeling
- Discuss the electrical requirement for selective coordination
- Review the updated requirements for gas equipment
- Discuss the new maintenance requirements for gas and vacuum systems
Who Will Benefit:
Engineers, facility managers, AHJs, plumbers, gas and vacuum system installers and verifiers, security personnel, insurance professionals, and equipment manufacturers
Free Seminar Materials -- $75 Value!
- NFPA 99: Health Care Facilities Code, 2012 Edition
- Seminar Workbook
- NFPA Nylon Briefcase
Apply the code TO your facility AT your facility!
The premier training experience from NFPA: customized, hands-on instruction on-site at your workplace, administered by recognized experts who developed the codes and standards. For more information, contact us at 1-877-336-3280 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit nfpatraining.org/onsite.
Continuing Education Credit:
Earn 1.4 CEUs or 14 hours for this 2-day seminar. Attendance is required to earn CEUs. Please verify applicability with your professional board before attending.
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|