2012 NFPA 101®: Life Safety Code® Essentials 3-Day Seminar
|Item # LS3|
Get the tools you need to apply the 2012 Life Safety Code® correctly and pass inspections the first time.
NFPA 101®: Life Safety Code continues to evolve to address new technologies, design approaches, and hazards. Expert-led training based on the 2012 NFPA 101 provides the tools you need to confidently apply requirements, including the latest Code rules for fire resistance-rated assemblies and interior finish.
In dynamic interactive sessions, authorities involved with the code development process give you an inside look at the reasoning and intent behind provisions. Hands-on exercises help ensure you understand how the Life Safety Code is applied.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Explain requirements for new, existing, and renovated buildings
- Explain classification of occupancies
- Determine requirements for enclosure and protection of the means of egress
- Apply provisions for doors, stairs, smoke-proof enclosures, horizontal exits, ramps, exit passageways, and more
- Determine the egress capacity of the entire means of egress system and individual components
- Recognize specific fire protection systems and the appropriate reference standards
- Explain hazard of contents
- Calculate occupant load of a given space using appropriate occupant load factors
- Use concepts of accessible means of egress and areas of refuge
- Determine the need for, and minimum requirements applicable to, illumination, emergency lighting, and egress marking
- Identify and apply the requirements for protection of vertical openings and for hazardous areas
- Interpret the core chapters and the occupancy specific requirements for special structures and high-rise buildings
- Employ provisions for building services including utilities, HVAC, smoke control, elevators and escalators, and rubbish and laundry chutes
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone concerned with life safety compliance including: facility managers, inspectors, safety directors, engineers, architects, designers, risk managers, facility consultants, and project managers
Free Seminar Materials -- $100 VALUE!
- NFPA 101: Life Safety Code, 2012 Edition
- Exclusive Seminar Workbook
- NFPA® Nylon Briefcase
Continuing Education Credit:
Earn 21 hours or 2.1 Continuing Education Units. Attendance is required to earn CEUs. Please verify applicability with your professional board before attending.
Apply the code TO your facility AT your facility!
The premier training experience from NFPA: customized, hands-on instruction on-site at your workplace, administered by recognized experts who developed the codes and standards. For more information, contact us at 1-877-336-3280, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit nfpatraining.org/onsite.
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|