2012 NFPA 101®: Life Safety Code® Essentials for Health Care Occupancies 3-day Seminar
|Item # LSHC3|
Learn how to apply the 2012 NFPA 101® to the health care environment with NFPA®'s seminar.
NFPA®'s new seminar helps you ensure your organization stays in compliance with provisions in the 2012 NFPA 101®: Life Safety Code®, in anticipation of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) adoption of this edition.
You'll gain a comprehensive understanding of the 2012 NFPA 101 as it relates to the health care environment along with key differences from the 2000 Code and their implications. Expert-led training addresses overall Code provisions including placement of equipment and furnishings in corridors, new provisions for patient suites, and expanded provisions for automatic sprinkler systems. Learn which sections of the 2012 Code are allowed for use by CMS, without the formal waiver process.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Explain the overall structure and organization of NFPA 101: Life Safety Code
- Classify occupancies found in health care facilities
- Define and apply the three part means of egress concept
- Identify and apply requirements for fire barriers used for separation and protection of exits
- Apply health care-specific provisions for doors, including locking arrangements
- Determine the appropriate occupant load factors based on various uses of a health care facility
- Determine the need for and minimum requirements applicable to illumination, emergency lighting, and egress marking
- Identify and apply the requirements for protection of vertical openings, for protection of hazardous areas, for corridors, and for smoke barriers
- Apply the core chapters and the occupancy-specific requirements for special structures and high-rise buildings
Who Will Benefit:
Hospital engineers, hospital facility managers, hospital safety directors, risk managers, nursing home safety directors, architects, designers, administrators responsible for Joint Commission compliance, health care facility consultants
Free Seminar Materials -- $100 VALUE!
- NFPA 101: Life Safety Code, 2012 edition
- Seminar Workbook
- NFPA Nylon Briefcase
Continuing Education Credit:
Earn 21 hours or 2.1 Continuing Education Units for this 3-day Seminar. Attendance is required to earn CEUs. Please verify applicability with your professional board before attending.
Apply the code TO your facility AT your facility!
The premier training experience from NFPA: customized, interactive instruction on-site at your workplace, administered by recognized experts who developed the codes and standards. For more information, contact us at 1-877-336-3280 or e-mail email@example.com, or visit nfpatraining.org/onsite.
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|