2012 NFPA 101®: Life Safety Code® with Focus on Occupancies 4-Day Seminar
|Item # LSO4|
Understand means of egress and related systems through this 2012 Life Safety Code® Seminar.
This Seminar provides a fourth day on unique features of means of egress and related systems. Specific requirements will be addressed for each of the occupancies found in the Code.
Days 1-3 (Monday-Wednesday)
Life Safety Code Essentials
Get the tools you need to apply the 2012 edition of NFPA 101®: Life Safety Code with confidence through hands-on training conducted by industry professionals closely involved with code development. You can ensure your organization is in compliance and make certain the people in your facility are safe with this updated Seminar.
Day 4 (Thursday)
Focus on Occupancies*
Explore specific requirements for each type of occupancy covered in the 2012 NFPA 101. Discuss the rationale behind requirements and become more adept at recognizing and correcting problems in any type of building or facility. Upon completion you should be able to apply the objectives for the 3-day Life Safety Code Essentials Seminar as well as:
- Apply hazardous area protection requirements for all occupancies
- Evaluate aisles and aisle accessways in assembly occupancies
- Recognize general, special purpose, and high hazard industrial occupancies
- Describe the means of egress components unique to industrial occupancies, including fusible link sliding fire doors, open grated stairs, and equipment access stairs
- Identify unique issues regarding means of egress in health care occupancies
- Apply the egress configuration provisions for patient room areas, including suites
- Explain key means of egress issues for storage occupancies, including parking facilities
- Distinguish lodging or rooming occupancies from hotel and dormitory occupancies
- Discuss means of escape requirements for lodging or rooming houses, residential board and care, and apartments
- Locate requirements for windows for rescue in educational occupancies
- Discuss day-care occupancy requirements applicable to age groups and size of facility
- Explain use conditions for detention and correctional facilities
- Recognize the different categories of residential board and care occupancies
*The 3-day Essentials Seminar is a prerequisite to attending the 4th day of the seminar (not available as a stand-alone Seminar).
Who Will Benefit:
Professionals concerned with life safety compliance including: facility managers, inspectors, safety directors, engineers, architects, designers, risk managers, facility consultants, and project managers.
Free Seminar Materials - $100 VALUE!
- NFPA 101: Life Safety Code, 2012 Edition
- Exclusive Seminar Workbook
- NFPA® Nylon Briefcase
Continuing Education Credit
NFPA will award 28 hours or 2.8 Continuing Education Units. Attendance is required to earn CEUs. Please verify applicability with your professional board before attending.
Apply the code TO your facility AT your facility!
The premier training experience from NFPA: customized, hands-on instruction on-site at your workplace, administered by recognized experts who developed the codes and standards. For more information, contact us at 1-877-336-3280 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit nfpatraining.org/onsite.
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|