2012 NFPA 101®: Life Safety Code® Essentials Focus on Occupancies Seminar with Certificate of Educational Achievement 5-day Seminar
|Item # LSOC5|
Attend NFPA's Life Safety Code® Essentials Focus on Occupancies 5-Day Seminar and earn your Certificate of Educational Achievement.
Even a seemingly minor Life Safety Code violation can have devastating consequences. Get the tools you need to apply the 2012 edition of NFPA 101®: Life Safety Code® with confidence through hands-on training conducted by industry professionals closely involved with code development. Take your NFPA 101 training to the next level with this new 5-day Seminar with Certificate of Educational Achievement. You'll demonstrate a thorough understanding of NFPA 101 concepts and requirements for fire and life safety and their application to selected occupancies.
Days 1-3 (Monday-Wednesday)
Life Safety Code Essentials
- Explain requirements for new, existing, and renovated buildings
- Explain classification of occupancies
- Determine requirements for enclosure and protection of the means of egress
- Apply provisions for doors, stairs, smoke-proof enclosures, exit passageways, and more
Day 4 (Thursday)
Focus on Occupancies
Explore specific requirements for each type of occupancy covered in the 2012 NFPA 101. Review the recent CMS decision to allow use of certain 2012 NFPA 101 rules for health care. Discuss the rationale behind requirements and become more adept at recognizing and correcting problems.
- Apply hazardous area protection requirements for all occupancies
- Evaluate aisles and aisle accessways in assembly occupancies
- Recognize general, special purpose, and high hazard industrial occupancies
- Identify unique issues regarding means of egress in health care occupancies
- Explain key means of egress issues for storage occupancies
Day 5 (Friday)
Demonstrate your proficiency in course content and prepare for the exam with help from expert instructors and classroom activities involving examples, exercises, and Q&As.
A morning review with self-assessment and problem-solving exercises is followed by an afternoon exam.
Pass the exam and earn your Certificate of Educational Achievement.*
Who Will Benefit: Facility managers, inspectors, safety directors, engineers, architects, designers, risk managers, facility consultants, and project managers
Free Seminar Materials -- $100 VALUE!
- NFPA 101: Life Safety Code, 2012 Edition
- Exclusive Seminar Workbook
- NFPA® Nylon Briefcase
Continuing Education Credit:
Earn 32 hours or 3.2 Continuing Education Units. Attendance is required to earn CEUs. Please verify applicability with your professional board before attending.
*Certificate of Educational Achievement: For general information, including purpose and limitations of NFPA Certificates, go to the Certificate FAQs Tab above.
Apply the code TO your facility AT your facility!
The premier training experience from NFPA: customized, hands-on instruction on-site at your workplace, administered by recognized experts who developed the codes and standards. For more information, contact us at 1-877-336-3280 or e-mail email@example.com, or visit nfpatraining.org/onsite.
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|