2011 NFPA 70: NEC Hazardous (Classified) Locations 1-day Seminar
|Item # NEC021B|
Seminars begin promptly at 8:00 AM and end at 4:30 PM.
Are you equipped to prevent electrical related fires and explosions?
Protect lives and property by correctly interpreting and implementing NEC® Articles 500-516, concentrating on areas classified by Class and Division, to control electrical sources of ignition in areas where flammable or combustible material may be present. Understanding this critical aspect of the Code allows you to develop policies for the electrical aspects of fire and explosion prevention based on specific descriptions of locations, processes, and materials.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Describe how the 2011 NEC relates to area classification and determine the class, division, and group of an area
- List occupancies for which area classification is provided in the NEC
- Define the methods of protection used in Class I, II, and III areas
- Select/specify equipment and wiring methods given area classification
- Recognize locations for required seals given specific equipment and classified area boundaries
Register today and receive complimentary 6 months access to necplus® -- an $80 value. This online subscription to the NEC helps you make the most of your investment by learning how to navigate the Code with necplus before the seminar, and having access to the most comprehensive electrical code content available to support you after the seminar. necplus also includes current and previous editions, the UL White Book and the complete NEC Handbook.
Who Will Benefit:
Electrical inspectors, electrical contractors, installers, engineers,and system designers; photovoltaic professionals including engineers, architects,and lab technicians; installation and maintenance professionals; safety engineers.
- NFPA 70®: National Electrical Code® (NEC), 2011 Edition
- NFPA 496: Standard for Purged and Pressurized Enclosures for Electrical Equipment, 2008 Edition
- NFPA 497: Recommended Practice for the Classification of Flammable Liquids, Gases, or Vapors and of Hazardous (Classified) Locations for Electrical Installations in Chemical Process Areas, 2008 Edition
- NFPA 499: Recommended Practice for the Classification of Combustible Dusts and of Hazardous Locations for Electrical Installations in Chemical Process Areas, 2008 Edition
- Seminar Workbook filled with activities and useful information
- NFPA® Nylon Briefcase
Continuing Education Credit:
Earn 0.7 CEUs or 7 hours for this 1-day seminar. Attendance is required to earn CEU's. Please verify applicability with your professional board before attending.
Apply the code TO your facility AT your facility!
The premier training experience from NFPA: customized, hands-on instruction on-site at your workplace, administered by recognized experts who developed the codes and standards. For more information, contact us at 1-877-336-3280 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit nfpatraining.org/onsite.
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|