Introduction to the 2013 NFPA 13 and Occupancy Hazard Classifications Self-Guided Online Course
|Item # OL007|
NFPA® has created a series of online courses on the 2013 edition of NFPA 13: Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems. Take one course or the entire series and learn at your own pace!*
Get a self-paced introduction to the scope and purpose of the 2013 edition of NFPA 13: Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems.
Introduction to NFPA 13 and Occupancy Hazard Classifications begins with an overview of the lessons and instructions on how to navigate the NFPA 13 Online Course training. After that, we'll provide you with a general understanding of the scope and purpose of NFPA 13 as well as how the Standard is organized. This online module also introduces you to the different types of occupancy hazards and their classifications. Then, it's time for some hands-on practice in identifying the various hazards that are present in common structures.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- State the goal of NFPA 13
- List the major components of the Standard
- Define specific terms used in the Standard
- State the difference between the use of Approved and Listed in the Standard
- State the difference between the use of Shall and Should in the Standard
- Cite the reasons why correct hazard selection is important
- Differentiate between the different types of hazards
- Identify the characteristics of various hazards
Who Will Benefit: Anyone whose job involves designing, reviewing, evaluating, or installing water-based fire protection systems, including: designers, installers, engineers, electrical contractors, technicians, project managers, fire marshals, and architects.
Continuing Education Credit:
Complete this module and qualify for .1 CEUs. Upon successful completion of a course, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site.
Please verify applicability with your professional board before registering.
*The six modules in the 2013 NFPA 13: Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems Self-Guided Online Course Series include:
- Introduction to NFPA 13 and Occupancy Hazard Classifications Self-Guided Online Course
- Fire Sprinkler System Types and Applications Self-Guided Online Course
- Water Supplies and Design Approaches for Fire Sprinkler Systems Self-Guided Online Course
- Working Plans, Hydraulic Calculations, and System Acceptance Self-Guided Online Course
- Fire Sprinkler System Components and their Usage Self-Guided Online Course
- Fire Sprinkler Protection for Storage Self-Guided Online Course
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|