Industrial Control Panel UL 508A and Short-Circuit Current Ratings 2-day Seminar
|Item # UL2|
Do you know how to correctly apply UL 508A to construct general use ICPs and establish acceptable short-circuit ratings?
Industrial control panels (ICPs) with the UL Mark are installable to the NEC® and have a distinct competitive edge in the marketplace. Taught by UL experts, this seminar focuses on how to construct general use industrial control panels in accordance with the Standard for Industrial Control Panels, UL 508A, 1st Edition. Classroom training addresses UL 508A, general use ICP construction, rating and marking requirements, sections 1-61; enclosure construction requirements, sections 62-64; component requirements, Supplement SA and appendices A and B.
You'll also learn how to establish short-circuit ratings for individual ICPs in accordance with UL 508A Supplement SB -- the only method specifically noted as being approved by the 2005 NEC.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Discuss and define power circuit and control circuit construction requirements
- Define and apply appropriate electrical spacing between uninsulated parts of components
- Determine proper segregation of insulated conductors of separate circuits
- Determine the appropriate branch circuit protection sizing and individual component selection
- Describe transformer overcurrent protection
- Navigate UL 508A Table SA1.1 and the UL web to determine component suitability and cost-saving methods
- Execute proper application of supplementary protectors
- Explain panel rating and marking requirements
- Identify a short-circuit current rating marking
- Calculate the short-circuit rating for various types of ICPs
Who Will Benefit:
Professionals involved in the design or engineering of panel products, regulatory compliance engineers, and panel manufacturers
Free Seminar Materials -- $630 VALUE!
- UL 508A: Standard for Industrial Control Panels
- Seminar Workbook
- NFPA® Nylon Briefcase
Continuing Education Credit:
Earn 12 hours or 1.2 CEUs. Attendance is required to earn CEUs. Please verify applicability with your professional board before attending.
Apply the code TO your facility AT your facility!
The premier training experience from NFPA: customized, hands-on instruction on-site at your workplace, administered by recognized experts who developed the codes and standards. For more information, contact us at 1-877-336-3280 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit nfpatraining.org/onsite.
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|