Fire Protection in the Clouds Webinar
|Item # WEBFPCL|
Sponsored by The Fire Protection Research Foundation with support from the following:
- Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers
- American Fire Sprinkler Association
- Department of Homeland Security
- Idaho National Laboratories
- National Fire Protection Association
- National Fire Sprinkler Association
- National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Property Insurance Research Group
- The Reliable Automatic Sprinkler Co.
- Tyco Fire Protection Products
- U.S. Department of Energy
- U.S. Department of Transportation (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration)
- Viking Corporation
Cloud ceilings are ceiling panels that sit beneath the structural ceiling of a room or space and are seen increasingly in commercial and industrial buildings. "Cloud" panels range in area from discrete ceiling panels with large spaces in between, to close-to-full-room-area contiguous coverage with small gaps at the perimeter wall location. NFPA 13: Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems does not have definitive guidance on automatic sprinkler installation requirements for these ceilings and in some conditions requires sprinklers at both the structural ceiling and cloud ceiling panel elevations.
The Fire Protection in the Clouds Webinar will cover a two phase project that was undertaken at the Fire Protection Research Foundation and completed by Hughes Associates to obtain an understanding of how cloud ceilings impact sprinkler actuation thresholds to provide the technical basis for new sprinkler installation requirements.
Who Will Benefit: inspectors, engineers, architects, designers, installers
Continuing Education Credit:
This session offers 0.2 CEU value. Certificates of attendance are emailed to all session participants the day after the session.
Please verify applicability with your professional board before attending.
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|