Understanding Unwanted Fire Alarms Webinar
|Item # WEBUFA|
Presenters - John Hall, Division Director, Fire Analysis & Research
Marty Ahrens, Senior Manager, Fire Analysis
Sponsored by: The Fire Protection Research Foundation with support from the following:
- Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers
- American Fire Sprinkler Association
- Department of Homeland Security
- Idaho National Laboratories
- National Fire Protection Association
- National Fire Sprinkler Association
- National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Property Insurance Research Group
- The Reliable Automatic Sprinkler Co.
- Tyco Fire Protection Products
- U.S. Department of Energy
- U.S. Department of Transportation (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration)
- Viking Corporation
On May 3, 2011, the U.S. Fire Administration, National Fire Protection Association and International Association of Fire Chiefs co-sponsored a national Summit to initiate a dialogue on the issue of unwanted fire alarms. The Summit identified a number of possible approaches to the issue, including a tool which can be used at the community level to assess risks, and cost/benefit of strategies to reduce these risks, including appropriate emergency response protocols, enforcement of inspection and maintenance requirements, community education, etc.
The Understanding Unwanted Fire Alarms Webinar reviews the results of a research project that developed a tool template that can be used by local fire departments with local data (to the extent possible) when deciding among courses of action to deal with unwanted alarms. The tool uses a generic model, combined with local data when available and national data when necessary, to estimate costs, fire losses and other impacts of strategies.
Who Will Benefit:
fire service, fire alarm system designers, and fire alarm system installers.
Continuing Education Credit:
This session offers 0.2 CEU's. Upon successful completion of a course series, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site.
Please verify applicability with your professional board before attending.
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|