NFPA 1901: Standard for Automotive Fire Apparatus, 2003 Edition
|Item # 190103|
|Description||Table of Contents|
Design your fire apparatus to accomplish its mission and provide a safe operating environment for fire fighters!
NFPA 1901: Standard for Automative Fire Apparatus defines the requirements for new automotive fire apparatus designed to be used under emergency conditions to transport personnel and equipment, and to support the suppression of fires and mitigation of other hazardous situations.
This important standard covers everything from pumpers to aerial fire apparatus to special service apparatus, such as rescue vehicles and haz-mat vehicles, as well as quints and mobile foam apparatus.
Changes and additions to the 2003 edition include:
- Requirements that third parties and manufacturers must meet when certifying test results.
- Modified requirements for head height at seating positions and for storage of SCBAs in seatbacks
- Modified requirements for line voltage power sources to ensure that the requirements stated on the power source specification label can be met on a continuous basis
- Requirements for receivers and anchors for rope and removable winches
- More specific rating points for auxiliary pumps
- Modified rung spacing on aerial ladders
- A chapter on industrial supply pumps
- Additional information to assist the purchaser in evaluating the delivered fire apparatus
(Softbound, 201 pp., 2003)
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|