NFPA 909: Code for the Protection of Cultural Resource Properties - Museums, Libraries, and Places of Worship, 2013 Edition
|Item # 90913|
Protect culturally significant properties from fire and other hazards with the 2013 NFPA 909.
NFPA 909: Code for the Protection of Cultural Resource Properties - Museums, Libraries, and Places of Worship describes principles and practices of protection for cultural resource properties (museums, libraries, and places of worship) and their contents and collections from conditions or physical situations with the potential to cause damage or loss through a comprehensive protection program. Areas addressed include fire prevention; fire protection management; security; emergency preparedness; and inspection, testing, and maintenance of protection systems.
This important Code also covers ongoing operations and rehabilitation and acknowledges the need to preserve culturally significant and character-defining building features and sensitive, often irreplaceable, collections as well as to provide continuity of operations.
Among revisions in the 2013 edition:
- Added criteria for dry-pipe sprinkler system corrosion prevention
- Added guidance on installation of CPVC (plastic) sprinkler pipe to prevent mechanical failure
- Extracted provisions from NFPA 72® for protection of smoke detectors during construction
- Updated cultural resource property fire loss data
- New Annex N: Measuring the Impact of Fire Extinguisher Agents on Cultural Resource Materials
Anyone whose work involves culturally significant properties needs this latest edition of NFPA 909, including owners and operators of cultural resource properties, loss prevention specialists (insurance), AHJs, automatic sprinkler industry, fire alarm industry, fire protection engineers, and code consultants. (Softbound, 177 pp., 2013)
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|