NFPA 1906: Standard for Wildland Fire Apparatus, 2006 Edition
|Item # 190606|
Ensure that wildland fire apparatus are up to the task!
NFPA 1906 defines the requirements for a new automotive wildland fire apparatus, including apparatus equipped with a slip-on fire fighting module, designed primarily to support wildland fire suppression operations.
Changes and additions in the 2006 Standard edition include:
- Defining what the manufacturer certification of test results must include
- Using the concept of estimated in-service weight as a basis for measuring certain stability requirements
- Linking the maximum top speed of the apparatus to the tire manufacturer's ratings
- Updating the requirements for engine air filters
- Requiring more head height at seating positions and red seat belts if available
- Reorganizing the requirements for water pumps into 7 classifications
- Updating the requirement for baffling water tanks to better address smaller water tanks
- Requiring type testing of foam systems and individualized testing of each installation
- Two additional Annexes: Equipment Size and Weight Chart and Guidelines for First Line and Reserve Fire Apparatus
(Softbound, 93 pp., 2006)
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|