Conductor Selection and Application Self Guided Online Course
|Item # DL081|
|Description||Terms & Specifications|
This self-paced online course explains how conductors are sized and selected in the National Electrical Code®. In sizing and selecting a conductor multiple factors must be considered.
Students will learn to:
- Understand the three most significant factors in sizing a conductor.
- Define and explain ampacity.
- Understand the four primary determinants of operating temperature:
- heat produced by current flow.
- ambient temperature.
- ambient medium.
- adjacent current carrying conductors.
- Explain the methods for determining ampacity.
- Explain how the NEC® deals with multiple ampacities.
- Understand the difference between allowable ampacity and true ampacity.
- Understand how the issue of ampacity is dealt with in terms of various issues, including:
- overcurrent devices.
- branch circuits.
- continuous and non-continuous loads.
- Explain how to work with NEC requirements when they result in different required minimum conductor sizes.
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone whose job involves designing, reviewing, evaluating or installing electrical systems, including: designers, installers, engineers, electrical contractors, technicians, project managers, fire marshals, and architects.
Continuing Education Credits:
Complete this module and qualify for .1 CEUs. Upon successful completion of a course series, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site. Please verify applicability with your professional board before registering.
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|