NFPA 150: Standard on Fire and Life Safety in Animal Housing Facilities, 2013 Edition
|Item # 15013|
Follow the best practices for safe animal housing facilities including first-time guidance for performance-based design in the 2013 NFPA 150.
Expanded with a new chapter on performance-based design, the 2013 edition of NFPA 150: Standard on Fire and Life Safety in Animal Housing Facilities is the industry benchmark used to safeguard the health and welfare of animals while protecting human life and property.
Used by engineers, architects, and AHJs, NFPA 150 covers all types of animal housing facilities where animals are kept for any purpose, including barns, stables, kennels, animal shelters, veterinary facilities, zoos, laboratories, and racetracks.
The document is divided into three major sections:
- Section 1 contains administrative requirements .
- Section 2 provides general requirements for all facilities housing animals, including new Chapter 5 on performance-based design that gives designers more flexibility and assists authorities with plans review.
- Section 3 includes specific requirements focused on the class of the facility.
Updated for industry developments and trends, the 2013 NFPA 150 also presents:
- A new Annex on system design that takes animal reaction to alarms into consideration
- A new construction table in Chapter 7 reflecting the 2012 edition of NFPA 5000®: Building Construction and Safety Code®.
(Softbound, 30 pp., 2013)
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|