NFPA 99: Health Care Facilities Code Handbook, 2015 Edition
|Item # 99HB15|
Editor: Jonathan R. Hart
Apply the 2015 NFPA 99 correctly and confidently with expert insights in the new Health Care Facilities Code Handbook.
Based on the 2015 NFPA 99: Health Care Facilities Code, NFPA®'s Health Care Facilities Code Handbook helps eliminate confusion or mistakes that may jeopardize the safety of patients or staff in both new and existing health care facilities. Redesigned and updated for the many challenges faced in today's field, the Handbook features a wealth of expert commentary addressing the full range of concerns.
Indispensable for everyone responsible for safety in a healthcare setting, the 2015 NFPA 99 Handbook has:
- The complete text of the 2015 NFPA 99, including medical gas and vacuum system requirements
- Explanations of the intent behind requirements, such as the new provisions addressing the safe use of fuel cell systems for backup power, and updated requirements for nurse call systems
- Practical guidance and examples on how to apply provisions, including the revised minimum allowable temperature for cylinders containing nitrous oxide and carbon dioxide
- FAQs highlighting key concerns of installers, inspectors, managers, and operators
- More than 160 photographs plus full-color tables, photos, and other visuals
- New design elements alerting you to Code updates
- Special design elements highlighting requirements for existing facilities. Now, facility managers can see what specifically applies to their existing systems and buildings and plan for compliance.
- New Supplements including a summary of an ASHE survey on Super Storm Sandy's impact on essential electrical systems and emergency planning, major technical changes in NFPA 99, plus a Security and Health Care Supplement
- New NFPA fact sheets on U.S. Structure Fires in Health Care Properties, Nursing Home Structure Fires, Medical Oxygen Safety, and more
The Health Care Facilities Code Handbook clarifies concepts so contractors, engineers, facility managers, and security personnel can get up-to-speed on NFPA 99 requirements that provide vital safeguards to patients and staff. It's also essential for inspectors and AHJs charged with ensuring compliance. (Hardbound, Approx. 730 pp., 2015)
*Looking for NFPA 99C: Gas and Vacuum Systems?
NFPA 99C is no longer be a stand-alone document. Instead, NFPA® provides 3 options.
- The former NFPA 99C content can be found in Chapters 1-5 of the 2015 NFPA 99 on this page
- Access all of the former NFPA 99C medical gas and vacuum systems content in Chapters 1-5 of the 2015 NFPA 99 Handbook
- Consult NFPA's Medical Gas and Vacuum System Installation Handbook with all the latest rules for Category 1-3 systems plus expert insights, examples, and visuals that help you understand and apply them correctly.
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|