Fire and Life Safety in Healthcare Occupancies Self Guided Online Course Series
|Item # DLS008|
|Description||Terms & Specifications|
This self-paced online series explains key elements of implementing critical life safety issues. It covers how to determine health care occupancy standards and regulations and how to effectively apply them. The series also covers preparing for emergencies and recovery.
These modules are included in the series:
- Health Care Risk Primer
- Preventive Measures
- Areas of Vulnerability
- Automatic Fire Protection Systems
- Key Responses to Facility Compromise
- Hazardous Materials
- Contingency Plans
- Recovery Plans
Upon completion you should be able to:
- List and explain the two key objectives for life safety in health care occupancies established by NFPA 101®: Life Safety Code®.
- Explain the level of risk represented by four common hazards present at a health care occupancy, including alternative power controls, electrical shock, medical gas systems, and fires.
- Describe how the vulnerable nature of health care occupants affects risk evaluation for health care occupancies and how the property characteristics of health care occupancies affects the risk they present.
- Discuss the methods of containing known hazards and explain why proper training is essential to reduce vulnerability.
- Define the requirements for automatic sprinkler systems, smoke detection, impairment control, and the role of emergency planning, protocols and personnel.
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone whose job involves designing, reviewing, evaluating or installing fire protection systems, including: Hospital engineers, hospital facility managers, hospital safety directors, risk managers, nursing home safety directors, architects, designers, and health care facility consultants.
Complete all eight modules and qualify for .8 CEUs. Upon successful completion of a course series, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site. Please verify applicability with your professional board before registering.
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|