NFPA 472: Standard for Competence of Responders to Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Incidents, 2013 Edition
|Item # 47213|
Update to the 2013 NFPA 472 to protect emergency personnel by making sure responders can perform their expected tasks and handle haz-mat/WMD incidents safely and effectively.
Adopted by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, NFPA 472: Standard for Competence of Responders to Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Incidents helps reduce accidents, injuries, illnesses, disabilities, and fatalities by ensuring that responders to haz-mat/WMD incidents are up to the task.
NFPA 472 identifies the minimum levels of competence required by responders to emergencies involving hazardous materials/weapons of mass destruction (WMD). It applies to awareness level personnel, operations level responders, hazardous materials technicians, incident commanders, hazardous materials officers, hazardous materials safety officers, and other specialist employees.
Key changes in the 2013 edition include:
- Chapter 6 was expanded to include a new mission-specific competency for operations level responders who handle improvised WMD dispersal device disablement/disruption and operations at improvised explosive laboratories.
- Chapter 15 was expanded to include non-tank vessel information and is renamed Competencies for Hazardous Materials Technicians with a Marine Tank and Non-Tank Vessel Specialty.
- New Chapter 16: Competencies for Hazardous Materials Technicians with a Flammable Liquids Bulk Storage Specialty (formerly Annex E in the 2008 NFPA 472)
- New Chapter 17: Competencies for Hazardous Materials Technicians with a Flammable Gases Bulk Storage Specialty (formerly Annex F in the 2008 NFPA 472)
- New Chapter 18: Competencies for Hazardous Materials Technicians with a Radioactive Materials Specialty (formerly Annex G in the 2008 NFPA 472)
This updated Standard is essential for anyone who responds to hazardous materials/WMD incidents, including fire, rescue, law enforcement, emergency medical services, private industry, and allied professionals. (Softbound, 105 pp., 2013)
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|