2007 Changes to NFPA 72®, Module 4 Self Guided Online Course
|Item # DL010|
|Description||Terms & Specifications|
This self-paced online course covers changes to NFPA 72® Chapter 6 - "Protected Premises Fire Alarm Systems" and Chapter 7 - "Notification Appliances for Fire Alarm Systems." Other courses cover the changes made to other chapters in the Code.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Recognize significant changes affecting the application and use of protected premises fire alarm systems, including:
- Clarification of the requirements for "non-required" or voluntarily installed fire alarm systems
- New requirements addressing the use of dedicated function fire alarm control units
- Revision of the Tables describing the Class and/or Style of fire alarm circuits
- Recognize significant changes affecting the application and use of notification appliances, including:
- Removal of the terms "fire" and "fire alarm" from many places in the text in to accommodate the integration of mass notification and other emergency communication functions
- Decreasing the maximum combined sound pressure level from 120 dBA to 110 dBA
- New requirements addressing the use of Exit Marking Audible Notification Appliances
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone whose job involves designing, reviewing, evaluating or installing fire protection systems, including: designers, installers, engineers, electrical contractors, technicians, project managers, fire marshals, and architects.
Complete this module and qualify for .1 CEUs. Upon successful completion of a course, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site. Please verify applicability with your professional board before registering.
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|