Heat Detectors Self Guided Online Course
|Item # DL020|
|Description||Terms & Specifications|
This self-paced online course covers the operating principles of fire alarm system heat detectors. These are fire alarm initiating devices that detect either an abnormally high temperature or rate of temperature rise, or both, which would be indicative of a fire.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Explain the differences between line and spot type heat detectors
- Explain the difference between restorable and non-restorable heat detectors
- Describe the operating principles of fixed temperature, rate-of-rise, and rate compensation types of heat detectors
- Explain how different types of heat detectors operate, including combination rate of rise and fixed temperature; line-type, wire; line-type, thermistor; line-type, pneumatic; bi-metallic; and eutectic salt
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of heat detectors
- Describe "thermal lag" as it relates to heat detectors
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone whose job involves designing, reviewing, evaluating or installing fire protection systems, including: designers, installers, engineers, electrical contractors, technicians, project managers, fire marshals, and architects
Complete this module and qualify for .1 CEUs. Upon successful completion of a course, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site. Please verify applicability with your professional board before registering.
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|