2013 NFPA 72®: Notification Appliances Self-Guided Online Course
|Item # OL015|
NFPA® has created a series of online courses on the 2013 edition of NFPA 72®: National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code. Take one course or the entire series and learn at your own pace!*
Based on the 2013 NFPA 72®, the new Notification Appliances Online Course covers both audible and visible notification appliances.
Audible and visible notification can be used to trigger the desired occupant behavior, so the success of every system depends on their correct application. Part of the 2013 NFPA 72 Self-Guided Online Course Series, the new Notification Appliances course covers appliances that are used to alert and inform building occupants and fire alarm system users. Along the way, you will learn some special terminology used for audible signaling and for visible signaling.
Work at your own pace through lessons developed by experts in NFPA 72: National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code.
When discussing audible and visible signaling, the lessons will cover requirements for both public mode and for private mode notification. This course will also provide an overview of other types of notification appliances that you might use in special applications.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Define common terms associated with notification appliances
- Cite general requirements associated with notification appliances
- Differentiate between Tone and Tone Plus Voice notification systems
- Recognize audible requirements for Public and Private Operating Mode
- Describe audible requirements for sleeping areas
- Identify how to achieve the required sound pressure level throughout a space
- Determine how loud an audible appliance should be at a given point
- Identify the requirements for Public Operating Mode visible notification
- Recognize how NFPA 72 affects the installation of wall-mounted notification appliances
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone whose job involves designing, reviewing, evaluating or installing fire alarm systems, including: designers, installers, electrical contractors, architects, auditors, and project managers
Continuing Education Credit:
Complete this course and qualify for .1 CEU. Upon successful completion of a course, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site.
Please verify applicability with your professional board before registering.
*The six modules in the 2013 NFPA 72®: National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code Self-Guided Online Course Series include:
- Fire Alarm Basics Self-Guided Online Course
- Initiating Devices Self-Guided Online Course
- Notification Appliances Self-Guided Online Course
- Fire Alarm Circuits Self-Guided Online Course
- Off-Premises Signaling Self-Guided Online Course
- Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Fire Alarm Systems Self-Guided Online Course
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|