Introduction to Specialized Fire Detectors Self Guided Online Course
|Item # DL024|
|Description||Terms & Specifications|
This self-paced online course covers specialized fire detectors that are able to detect fires much more quickly than conventional fire detectors will actuate and much smaller than conventional devices can detect. The course will discuss the operating principles and parameters of radiant energy fire detectors, and detectors used in explosion detection. It will also examine specialized fire detectors, including flame detectors, spark/ember detectors, and explosion detectors.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Define spark, ember, detonation, and deflagration
- List three applications where flame detectors can be used for early detection
- Explain the relationship between radiant energy and explosion detection and fire or explosion suppression
- Differentiate between infrared, ultraviolet and visible wavelengths of light relative to radiant energy detection
- List the factors that may impact the operation of a radiant energy fire detector
- List the two operating principles that are used in explosion detectors
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone whose job involves designing, reviewing, evaluating or installing fire protection systems, including: designers, installers, engineers, electrical contractors, technicians, project managers, fire marshals, and architects.
Complete this module and qualify for .1 CEUs. Upon successful completion of a course, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site. Please verify applicability with your professional board before registering.
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|