2013 NFPA 72®: Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Fire Alarm Systems Self-Guided Online Course
|Item # OL018|
NFPA® has created a series of online courses on the 2013 edition of NFPA 72®: National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code. Take one course or the entire series and learn at your own pace!*
Learn how to apply NFPA 72® ITM requirements and ensure fire alarm and emergency systems you can depend on.
Proper ITM is critical to signaling system effectiveness. The final course in the 2013 NFPA 72 Self-Guided Online Course Series covers Code requirements for inspecting, testing, and maintaining fire alarm systems. The lessons review general provisions in NFPA 72: National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code involving management of inspections, tests, and system impairments. The training also addresses personnel responsibilities and qualifications.
Learn how the Code requirements for acceptance, periodic inspections, and tests differ from one another. These differences result in specific qualification requirements for the persons doing the work. Most of the actual test methods for fire alarm equipment do not vary for new work versus periodic testing; however, some testing requirements for new work do not apply to existing systems.
In this course, you'll learn how to navigate NFPA 72 to locate specific requirements and frequencies for the testing and visual inspection of fire detection and alarm system components. Specific requirements for properly conducting smoke detector functional and sensitivity tests are covered in detail, as well as test methods for several other common types of initiating devices. Last but not least, you will gain insight into how some commonly employed test methods do not meet the requirements of the Code.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Define terms related to the inspection, testing, and maintenance of fire alarm systems
- Recognize general requirements for the inspection, testing, and maintenance of fire alarm systems
- Identify the purpose of inspections
- Describe the requirements of acceptance inspections and periodic inspections
- Identify the testing and maintenance requirements for fire alarm systems
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone whose job involves designing, reviewing, evaluating or installing fire alarm systems, including: designers, installers, electrical contractors, architects, auditors, and project managers
Continuing Education Credit:
Complete this course and qualify for .1 CEU. Upon successful completion of a course, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site.
Please verify applicability with your professional board before registering.
*The six modules in the 2013 NFPA 72®: National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code Self-Guided Online Course Series include:
- Fire Alarm Basics Self-Guided Online Course
- Initiating Devices Self-Guided Online Course
- Notification Appliances Self-Guided Online Course
- Fire Alarm Circuits Self-Guided Online Course
- Off-Premises Signaling Self-Guided Online Course
- Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Fire Alarm Systems Self-Guided Online Course
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|