2014 NFPA 25: An Introduction to NFPA 25 Self-Guided Online Course
|Item # OL021|
NFPA® has created a series of online courses on the 2014 edition of NFPA 25: Standard for the Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems. Take one course or the entire series and learn at your own pace!*
Go online to learn essential basics on ITM for water-based fire protection with An Introduction to NFPA 25.
Based on the 2014 NFPA 25: Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems, this self-paced course introduces NFPA 25 to the user. It covers the scope and purpose of the Standard along with the definitions for many of the terms used in the Standard. The course explains the role and responsibilities of the property owner -- including providing access, correcting deficiencies, record keeping, and freeze protection. Impairment procedures are discussed as well as the requirements for ensuring that system piping is free from obstructions.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- State the scope and purpose of NFPA 25
- Define and apply the official NFPA® definitions for the terms approved, authority having jurisdiction, shall, and should
- Define the terms inspection, test, and maintenance
- Define and identify examples of impairments, critical deficiencies, and non-critical deficiencies
- Locate and apply the owner's responsibilities for:
- Access to system components
- Record keeping
- Correcting or repairing deficiencies
- Locate and apply the owner's responsibilities for adequacy of the system design
- Locate and apply the requirements for managing impairments
- Locate and apply the requirements for piping obstructions
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone whose responsibilities include the inspection, testing, and maintenance of water-based fire protection systems including: maintenance professionals, sprinkler system contractors, building owners, and enforcement officials
Continuing Education Credit:
Complete this course and qualify for .1 CEUs. Upon successful completion of a course, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site.
Please verify applicability with your professional board before registering.
*The two modules in the 2012 NFPA 25 Self-Guided Online Course Series include:
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|