NFPA 1021: Standard for Fire Officer Professional Qualifications, 2014 Edition
|Item # 102114|
Apply the 2014 NFPA 1021 Standard to ensure fire officers are ready to take command!
New technologies, operating procedures, information management strategies, and many other factors impact today's fire service leaders. Fire officers must be prepared to address multiple challenges on the fireground, at the station, and in the community. Make sure personnel are ready to take command with up-to-date Job Performance Requirements (JPRs) in the 2014 NFPA 1021: Standard for Fire Officer Professional Qualifications.
NFPA 1021 specifically identifies four levels of progression:
- Fire Officer Level I (supervisory)
- Fire Officer Level II (supervisory and managerial)
- Fire Officer Level III (managerial/administrative)
- Fire Officer Level IV (administrative)
New in the 2014 edition:
- Revised Annex A addresses appropriate higher education based on the level of fire officer. This provides departments or fire service personnel with commensurate suggestions that recognize formal higher education as part of fire officer educational and professional growth.
- To allow for a direct path from Fire Officer II to Fire Officer III, the prerequisite stipulation for Fire Service Instructor II has been deleted for Fire Officer III.
- Other revisions affect JPRs under human resource management for Fire Officer II, Fire Officer III; and under administration and emergency services delivery for Fire Officer IV.
Fire departments nationwide will develop the next generation of successful and effective fire officers by following the requirements in the 2014 edition of NFPA 1021. (Softbound, 21 pp., 2014)
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|