Brannigan's Building Construction for the Fire Service, 4th Edition
|Item # BCFS7|
Learn about structural hazards and save lives with the 4th edition of Brannigan's Building Construction for the Fire Service.
The most comprehensive book of its kind for the fire service is now improved to make training even more effective. Falling beams or a sudden plunge through a weakened floor are a fire fighter's worst nightmare -- but these hazards can be greatly reduced with the prefire analyses and operational strategies described by fire service legend Frank Brannigan.
Now this classic text has been updated to help the next generation of fire fighters succeed!
A first-time Concepts of Construction chapter emphasizes why fire fighters need construction knowledge and why prefire planning and evacuation protocols are so important. Based on instructor feedback, chapters are reorganized to progress from core fundamentals of construction, to types of construction, to special considerations. In addition:
- New, full-color illustrations depict real-world scenarios and point out signs of collapse.
- Words from Brannigan deliver dramatic case studies that impart decades of experience.
- Chapter Wrap-Ups, Chapter-end Quizzes, and Learning Objectives with corresponding page references reinforce new knowledge.
"Know your buildings" and avoid repeat tragedies by studying lessons learned!
Give fire fighters the insights they need before stepping onto the fireground, such as:
- The characteristics of different building materials, and how each loses structural strength and integrity under fire conditions
- Deficiencies of some fire-resistive systems, and the reality that there are no '"fireproof" buildings
- Potential for killer flame spread, including hidden fire in voids that can create a deadly ambush
- The telltale warning signs of collapse, and the added risks of explosion and toxic smoke inherent in special occupancies
The new Brannigan's Building Construction for the Fire Service is a "must" for commanders, instructors, students, and active fire fighters. Order now! (Hardbound, 368 pp., 2007)
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|