NFPA 87: Recommended Practice for Fluid Heaters, 2015 Edition
|Item # 8715|
Control dangers and ensure safe operation of equipment with updated NFPA 87: Recommended Practice for Fluid Heaters.
NFPA 87: Recommended Practice for Fluid Heaters was created in response to requests from manufacturers, insurance companies, trade associations, and users for safety guidance for fuel-fired and electric fluid heaters. It provides guidance for fluid heaters to minimize the fire and explosion hazards that can endanger the fluid heater, the building, or personnel.
Fluid heaters are used in industrial environments to heat thermal and process fluids of all types; and the heated fluids are used in processes such as textile drying, pressboard manufacturing, gas sweetening, chemical synthesis, plastic molding, hot galvanizing, laminating, dry cleaning, and food processing.
Comprehensive coverage provides the current best practices for:
- Location and construction
- Heating systems
- Commissioning and operations
- Maintenance, inspection, and testing
- Heating system safety equipment and application
Updates make NFPA 87 consistent with other NFPA® codes and standards.
- Added definitions for Burner Management System (BMS), Emergency Shutoff Valve (ESOV), and other revisions correlate with the 2015 NFPA 86: Standard for Ovens and Furnaces.
- Modified Chapter 6 aligns with NFPA 86 by revising requirements for ESOV, emergency isolation valves, and overpressure protection.
- Added procedures for placing equipment into service are based on purging practices in the 2015 NFPA 54: National Fuel Gas Code and the 2014 NFPA 56
- Added requirement prohibiting manifolding vent lines from different pressure levels is based on NFPA 85.
- Modified requirements for logic systems for both Burner Management System (BMS) logic and PLC systems
- Revised requirements for Class F heaters in Chapter 9
- New content for Class G and H heaters in Chapters 10 and 11
Order today to prevent loss of life, property, and production due to fluid heater fires and explosions. (Softbound, 46 pp., 2015)
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|