Hazardous Materials Self Guided Online Course
|Item # DL060|
|Description||Terms & Specifications|
This self-paced online course covers hazardous materials with an emphasis on those materials and systems unique to Health Care Occupancies. It also discusses methods of safeguarding the storage of hazardous materials and hazardous materials emergency planning for health care occupancies.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Understand the hazards of typical medical gases piped to patient and treatment areas, including air, oxygen, nitrogen, and nitrous oxide
- Identify the NFPA® standard that contains specific requirements for the installation, testing, operation, and maintenance of piped medical gas systems
- Understand the hazards of waste anesthetic gas disposal (WAGD) systems
- Understand the hazards of common materials, such as cleansers, solvents, waxes, polishes, and cleaners
- Explain the importance of a hazard assessment for each laboratory and what it should include
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone whose job involves designing, reviewing, evaluating or installing fire protection systems, including: hospital engineers, hospital facility managers, hospital safety directors, risk managers, nursing home safety directors, architects, designers, and health care facility consultants.
Continuing Education Credit:
Complete this module and qualify for .1 CEUs. Upon successful completion of a course, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site. Please verify applicability with your professional board before registering.
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|