2013 NFPA 13: Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems Self-Guided Online Course Series
|Item # OLS002|
This self-guided online series provides an essential basis in fire sprinkler systems and the 2013 NFPA 13: Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems.
Based on the 2013 edition of NFPA 13, this self-guided online course series introduces students to the basic principles of the components, application, design, installation, testing, maintenance, and use of automatic sprinkler systems. The series covers the components of the four basic types of automatic sprinkler systems and describes how these components interrelate to form a fire control or fire suppression system that will achieve a facility's fire safety objectives for life safety, property protection, mission continuity, heritage preservation, and environmental protection.
Six modules are included in the series:
- Introduction to NFPA 13 and Occupancy Hazard Classifications Self-Guided Online Course
- Fire Sprinkler System Types and Applications Self-Guided Online Course
- Water Supplies and Design Approaches for Fire Sprinkler Systems Self-Guided Online Course
- Working Plans, Hydraulic Calculations, and System Acceptance Self-Guided Online Course
- Fire Sprinkler System Components and their Usage Self-Guided Online Course
- Fire Sprinkler Protection for Storage Self-Guided Online Course
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Outline the history of automatic sprinkler system development, explain how to prevent the main causes of automatic sprinkler system failure, and discuss the procedures for handling impairments
- List and define the major components of different types of sprinkler systems and review how the components operate
- Classify the various commodity types
- Describe the basic principles of designing a sprinkler system and the advantages and disadvantages of the most common piping configurations
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone whose job involves designing, reviewing, evaluating or installing water-based fire protection systems, including: designers, installers, engineers, electrical contractors, technicians, project managers, fire marshals, and architects
Continuing Education Credit:
Complete all 6 online modules and earn .6 CEUs. Upon successful completion of a course series, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site.
Please verify applicability with your professional board before registering.
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|