Zone Classification Self-Guided Online Course
|Item # DL064|
|Description||Terms & Specifications|
This self-paced online course covers how to employ correct protection methods where Class I areas have been classified by Zone. Zone classification offers an alternative to classifying areas by division using 3 zones rather than 2 divisions, and also offers some alternative protection methods.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Understand which Zone and Division areas are equivalent to each other
- Understand when and why NEC® standards allow Zone-classified and Division-classified areas to be adjacent
- List and explain wiring methods permitted in various Zone-classified areas and how they compare to methods permitted in Division-classified areas
- Explain how and why protection methods permitted in Zone-classified areas are different compared to Division-classified areas
- Distinguish between flame-proof and explosion-proof equipment and explain where each is suitable
- Explain how requirements for cable and conduit seals are different in Zone-classified areas
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone concerned with electrical safety including: electrical engineers, safety managers, electricians, electrical contractors, plant managers, facility maintenance personnel, electrical inspectors, risk managers, and project managers.
Continuing Education Credit:
Complete this module and qualify for .1 CEUs. Upon successful completion of a course, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site.
Please verify applicability with your professional board before registering.
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|