Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations, Second Edition
Order today and we'll charge you when your product ships.
|Item # RES31514|
Authors: Rob Schnepp
International Association of Fire Chiefs
Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations helps you train fire fighters for safe, effective response based on the 2013 NFPA 472.
Use this dynamic training solution to teach fire fighters how to recognize an incident involving hazardous materials or weapons of mass destruction (WMD). This text addresses the certification and responsibilities within the 2013 NFPA 472: Competence of Responders to Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Incidents for both the Awareness and Operations levels. Additionally, the material presented also exceeds the hazardous materials response requirements of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations provides in-depth coverage of:
- The properties and effects of hazardous materials and WMD
- How to calculate potential danger and initiate a response plan
- Selection, use, advantages, and disadvantages of personal protective equipment
- Mass and technical decontamination
- Evidence preservation and sampling
- Product control
- Victim rescue and recovery
- Air monitoring and sampling
- Illicit laboratory incidents
The ability to recognize an incident involving hazardous materials or weapons of mass destruction (WMD) is critical for fire fighters. Train for success with this new text. (Softbound, Approx. 480 pp., 2014)
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|